• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Age 26

kinda proves my point
    Too old.....

Comment

I've been watching Community on Netflix. I'm on season 3, episode 7. Big Bang Theory is arse. There are ways of doing references to geek culture that work. You make the reference and move on. Like in Spaced where they drop in Star Wars or Close Encounters without as much as a mention. If you get it you laugh. If you don't you miss it. Big deal.

In Big Bang Theory every single reference is hammered and hammered into your poor destroyed skull. It's not enough to drop a line to Sheldon like "OK Data". It has to be "OK Data from Star Trek the Next Generation. He's like a robot and stuff."

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        I've been watching Community on Netflix. I'm on season 3, episode 7. Big Bang Theory is arse. There are ways of doing references to geek culture that work. You make the reference and move on. Like in Spaced where they drop in Star Wars or Close Encounters without as much as a mention. If you get it you laugh. If you don't you miss it. Big deal.

In Big Bang Theory every single reference is hammered and hammered into your poor destroyed skull. It's not enough to drop a line to Sheldon like "OK Data". It has to be "OK Data from Star Trek the Next Generation. He's like a robot and stuff."
        dude, it's a sitcom, they're written for borderline ******s. if they didn't explain the jokes the show would have been a complete flop and not one of the higher rated shows.

tv is what's ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
          dude, it's a sitcom, they're written for borderline ******s. if they didn't explain the jokes the show would have been a complete flop and not one of the higher rated shows.
          And that's why I don't like it. In general US sitcoms are bad. I like Community because they can make popular culture references without having to spoil them with a glossary.

It's hard for me to like a comedy where they spend as much time explaining the jokes as they do making them.

Comment

i hear that, tv is ****. i wait all week to watch law and order svu, criminal minds, and survivor. otherwise my tv is on playing the treehouse channel for my daughter (who to be frank isn't even interested) or disney music/movies.

but once i get my smoke on at night i am looking for something funny and mind-numbing. that's why I asked.
            when im smoked out i like to watch community, men at work, the boondocks, weeds, futurama, its always sunny, black dynamite etc.

or non comedies like prison break, criminal minds or dexter.

i have been struggling to find things to watch though, just got into community and went through the first season and a half in like 3 weeks. if you havent seen it prison break is awesome to smoke to, not a comedy but its funny sometimes and always got you on the edge of your seat.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              when im smoked out i like to watch community, men at work, the boondocks, weeds, futurama, its always sunny, black dynamite etc.

or non comedies like prison break, criminal minds or dexter.

i have been struggling to find things to watch though, just got into community and went through the first season and a half in like 3 weeks. if you havent seen it prison break is awesome to smoke to, not a comedy but its funny sometimes and always got you on the edge of your seat.
              i hear that, tv is ****. i wait all week to watch law and order svu, criminal minds, and survivor. otherwise my tv is on playing the treehouse channel for my daughter (who to be frank isn't even interested) or disney music/movies.

but once i get my smoke on at night i am looking for something funny and mind-numbing. that's why I asked.
              theres a comedy show that was on BBC3 recently called cuckoo that was pretty good. Its only 6 episodes long though.

the teacher from the inbetweeners (which if u havent watched the series watch them, one of the funniest shows on tv in years) is the head of a middle class english family and his daughter has married an american buddist/hippy dude (Andy Samberg) who lives with them.

its worth a watch.
              Last edited by gingeralbino; 11-03-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                and that's why i don't like it. In general us sitcoms are bad. I like community because they can make popular culture references without having to spoil them with a glossary.

It's hard for me to like a comedy where they spend as much time explaining the jokes as they do making them.
                hence why modern simpsons is complete ass

Comment

LOL @ her being fat, clearly he doesn't watch the show.

The show used to be funny but now it's declining.

Comment

I think that shows hilarious..... but she is still hot would ravage her

Comment

Working...
                    X