No announcement yet.

andre ward- the way of the coward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andre ward- the way of the coward

with a couple of months passing since the ward kovalev fight, there appears to be little talk and little interest from ward in a rematch, with ward hinting at retirement. On the grand scale of ducks, where would ward wriggling out of a rematch clause rank? Would it define his career if he doesnt take the fight and instead retires?

he needs to be a man and give kovalev the rematch

Comment

Kovalev, Dawson, Froch, Abraham, Kessler

Let me know when "Big Drama Show" fights anyone on that level

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        with a couple of months passing since the ward kovalev fight, there appears to be little talk and little interest from ward in a rematch, with ward hinting at retirement. On the grand scale of ducks, where would ward wriggling out of a rematch clause rank? Would it define his career if he doesnt take the fight and instead retires?
        Both teams have been silent recently
        It's gunna be announced soon
        What you all gunna say when ward wins again?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          The guy that turned down 15 million to fight Canelo is the coward.

The MW that fought a WW...the one that wanted a 164 for Ward but 168 for everybody else.

He's the coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post

id fight any of them but I'm high risk low reward

Comment

hes a *****, we all knew that and ward win is teh worse thing ever.

Dude wants to be mayweather status so bad that he acts the part but he merits none of it.

Comment

Well, you're still butthurt from the loss to Kovalev and are so upset that you even hate every opponent Ward has ever faced. So off the bat, we know this thread was made from a biased individual who is venting his frustrations.

But from a more objective point of view, Ward needs to sit his ass down and fulfill his rematch obligation. Before the fight, he's talking about wanting to be among the greats and even contend for a heavyweight title at some point in his career. After the fight, he's acting like a spoiled brat because not everyone agrees that he won the fight. I don't think he's "scared of a rematch". I think he's acting like a hoe because he wants control in the negotiations and he's throwing a temper tantrum because certain fans and media think he lost.

All the past greats that he brings up have been through this. Mayweather, Hopkins, Pacquiao, Morales, Barrera, Holyfield, etc. have all had close, controversial fights. The decisions either went their way or they didn't.

There is nothing wrong with a close controversial win. Congrats, you got the W, you convinced the 3 ringside who matters. The problem is, when you don't run it back to remove all doubt about who the better man is. The fighters I listed pursued rematches to remove all doubt and there are virtually no question marks on their resumes. They were successful in some cases and they failed in others. Nobody thinks less of Hopkins because he lost to JT, or Morales because he lost to MAB, or Holyfield because he lost to Bowe and Lewis or Pacquiao because of KO6. They are all ATG hall of fame fighters that wanted to prove that they were the best. And more often than not, they did.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    Well, you're still butthurt from the loss to Kovalev and are so upset that you even hate every opponent Ward has ever faced. So off the bat, we know this thread was made from a biased individual who is venting his frustrations.

But from a more objective point of view, Ward needs to sit his ass down and fulfill his rematch obligation. Before the fight, he's talking about wanting to be among the greats and even contend for a heavyweight title at some point in his career. After the fight, he's acting like a spoiled brat because not everyone agrees that he won the fight. I don't think he's "scared of a rematch". I think he's acting like a hoe because he wants control in the negotiations and he's throwing a temper tantrum because certain fans and media think he lost.

All the past greats that he brings up have been through this. Mayweather, Hopkins, Pacquiao, Morales, Barrera, Holyfield, etc. have all had close, controversial fights. The decisions either went their way or they didn't.

There is nothing wrong with a close controversial win. Congrats, you got the W, you convinced the 3 ringside who matters. The problem is, when you don't run it back to remove all doubt about who the better man is. The fighters I listed pursued rematches to remove all doubt and there are virtually no question marks on their resumes. They were successful in some cases and they failed in others. Nobody thinks less of Hopkins because he lost to JT, or Morales because he lost to MAB, or Holyfield because he lost to Bowe and Lewis or Pacquiao because of KO6. They are all ATG hall of fame fighters that wanted to prove that they were the best. And more often than not, they did.
                    Calm down fella.
                    The rematch will happen.

Did Chavez rematch Pernell?
                    Did Calzhage rematch Hopkins...no he retired.

Did Oscar rematch Quartey?
                    Did he rematch Tito???

Did Tszyu try to redeem his loss to Phillips?

Comment

Working...
                    X