Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people see Mayweather as the best at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I don't know how you instantly become #1 after beating the #1 guy, when you weren't even in the top 10. I guess it's his past that got him at #1, his status as the best P4P fighter. He's at least top 3.

If we're being real though, like forget about rankings and numbers, Floyd is probably the best at WW-JMW regardless of rankings. Like the best as in he could beat any one in those two weight classes. I would say Trout is #2, Canelo #3, Cotto #4, Lara/Molina tied at #5. So Ring is not way off base with there rankings.
    that's the opposite of being real. that's called fantasy. floyd won't prove it in the ring so how do you know he's the best? looks like someone has a case of the probably's.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      ok sounds good....

textbook projection, always and forever. I love the internet
      Me too. :AORD:

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Me too. :AORD:
        yea you do!

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Mayweather beat Cotto at 154, now people see him as the best there. I see the Mayweather-Cotto fight as a battle of WW's with a bit more muscle, neither should be campaigning with the JR Middleweights. Cotto was wrongly ranked no.1.

Canelo and Trout are natural 154lb'ers. If Mayweather beat one of these, I could see the argument. But he hasn't, so why is he considered better than boxers naturally at this weight, naturally much bigger?

I can see why Mayweather fans would feel offended by this. But Mayweather doesn't have to be unbeatable at any weight he fights in, to be at the level he is at. In fact, for all we know he is probably very vulnerable at 154 against Cotto/Trout. All it means is that 154 is too big for him.

I can see Trout beating Mayweather by UD. Canelo, i'm not too sure.
          probably because floyd is looked at as the best fighter in general

Comment

To be real about it Trout is probably #1, followed by Mayweather, then Canelo. Mayweather gets the benefit of the doubt because he is Mayweather. Cotto shouldn't have been ranked #1 essentially just for Yuri Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              that's the opposite of being real. that's called fantasy. floyd won't prove it in the ring so how do you know he's the best? looks like someone has a case of the probably's.

i thought you knew by now daggum, floyd is the greatest fantasy fighter of all time. of course pac is the worst.

Its the woulda, coulda, shoulda crew. Floyd doesnt need to fight anyone. He lets everybody beat each other (like he did during his first fake retirement when he didnt want to face a loaded welter division after the hatton ko) and when the smoke clears he goes "see that guy lost to that guy, no reason for me to fight him in the first place."

Floyd Mayweather Stans = worst most repugnant fan base in the history of organized sports.

Comment

Floyds beaten 2 champions at 154, granted one was a while ago, but it is what it is. He's also regarded as the P4P #1 best. Oscar and Cotto and better than anyone else at the 154 level. It's all a bunch of unproven fighters with **** resumes. Show me a fighter who deserves to be #1, and remember no fantasy. Just because you feel x beats mayweather doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                  Floyds beaten 2 champions at 154, granted one was a while ago, but it is what it is. He's also regarded as the P4P #1 best. Oscar and Cotto and better than anyone else at the 154 level. It's all a bunch of unproven fighters with **** resumes. Show me a fighter who deserves to be #1, and remember no fantasy. Just because you feel x beats mayweather doesn't count.
                  We know that Trout at least is better than Cotto at 154.

Comment

i maybe put Trout over May at 154...

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                      We know that Trout at least is better than Cotto at 154.
                      Which is fair to say because he obviously is. It's hard to put a guy above mayweather though because of what Floyd has done, and his status in boxing as P4P. Two time 154 lb champ, and P4P #1 fighter is going to get the spot over Trout. If they ever fight (which they won't) you can decide otherwise. As it is now I think the ranking is fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X