Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit do you give Tyson for beating Spinks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much credit do you give Tyson for beating Spinks?

I always hear that it's his most impressive win, but is it really? Yeah, Spinks was 31-0 with 21 KO's coming into the fight which is very impressive and had a very awkward style that gave fighters fits, but is the win all that impressive as people usually make it out to be? People always talk about 1988 Tyson being the ultimate fighter, but I don't know......

not much credit but you gotta give spinks credit for taking the challenge vs the young hungry devasting punching lion...spinks was a blown up light heavy that got 2 gift controversial decisions vs holmes imo. yes he got the official judges decisions but that second win was a worse decision than the first imo.

Comment

Not an impressive win but a much needed win as Tyson needed it to become lineal

Comment

Not alot. Spinks didnt really beat Holmes . Spinks was a small soft heavyweight who was feasting on nobodies. Tyson tore him down mentally before the fight.

Comment

He blasted him out in the first minute of the first round so what more can he do?

Comment

I thought it was a very good win. If it was that easy to KO Spinks in less than a minute of the first round then why was nobody else able to beat him before?

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
              Not alot. Spinks didnt really beat Holmes . Spinks was a small soft heavyweight who was feasting on nobodies. Tyson tore him down mentally before the fight.
              I don't know about feasting on nobodies....

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
                not much credit but you gotta give spinks credit for taking the challenge vs the young hungry devasting punching lion...spinks was a blown up light heavy that got 2 gift controversial decisions vs holmes imo. yes he got the official judges decisions but that second win was a worse decision than the first imo.
                Couldn't turn down the payday.

Comment

A lot and you can argue Michael’s wins over Holmes but he did very well (even if you had him losing in close ones) against an atg and that’s not nothing. Tyson’s win over Holmes was also impressive, Holmes still had a lot left in the tank but it wasn’t even competitive.

Comment

Unless you can show who else defeated Spinks there's no room for any down playing here . Though Spinks did lose unofficially to Holmes in that rematch who was a much better win for Tyson and his resume .

Comment

Working...
                    X