Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Let's Settle This!] Was Fury robbed of a W?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    I agree, although now Wilder is saying only if the money is right.

FUK Wilder if he goes full biiitch mode and refuses to fight in the UK.

Fuking pedestrian ass boxer.

Wilder is lucky himself that he got to keep his O.

Comment

• I've not even seen any real debate over the outcome. That should tell you everything you need to know. Fury is talking about fighting AJ next and I haven't heard a single person say that he has unfinished business with Wilder. He won and he fought his ass off.

Comment

• Yes Fury easily won this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Motofan View Post
          I've not even seen any real debate over the outcome. That should tell you everything you need to know. Fury is talking about fighting AJ next and I haven't heard a single person say that he has unfinished business with Wilder. He won and he fought his ass off.
          That's true, but eventually Fury will need to collect the WBC belt to unify.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            That's true, but eventually Fury will need to collect the WBC belt to unify.
            I think Fury would be happy to fight Wilder again. I just don't know how eager Wilder is going to be. My thought is he has to know Fury is going to be much sharper with a fight like this under his belt and his confidence is going to be at an all-time high. Plus, I'm thinking the fight has to take place in the UK. I don't know if Wilder will take the fight under those conditions. He may surprise me though. Until I hear Wilder say anything it's all guessing I suppose.

Comment

I think Fury would be happy to fight Wilder again. I just don't know how eager Wilder is going to be. My thought is he has to know Fury is going to be much sharper with a fight like this under his belt and his confidence is going to be at an all-time high. Plus, I'm thinking the fight has to take place in the UK. I don't know if Wilder will take the fight under those conditions. He may surprise me though. Until I hear Wilder say anything it's all guessing I suppose.
              I agree, but if Wilder is the warrior he is supposed to be, he takes that fight and thinks nothing of the fact that he may well have to endure another 12 rounds of pain and bloodshed.

Fury knows he lost an opportunity by not sending Wilder out on a stretcher, and may try and close the show early in a rematch.

Comment

• Btw, Fury himself scored the fight 8-4. Exactly how I had it.

Comment

I don't think Wilder wants it and Fury only wants it if in the UK. Don't need it anyway, we all saw Fury win.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
                    The funny thing is that if they had given Fury his win, we would instead be reading arguments questioning Fury's chin etc. That would be fine. There are always people who value knockdowns over points (I may even be one of them).

Yet by the rules of the sport it wasn't even a close fight. Fury was sailing. I keep repeating myself but: When there are fishy scores on the undercard fights it guarantees the same in the main event. It means people are being leaned on to help certain fighters win and the whole show has been compromised.
                    This is boxing in a nutshell. This is a reason why popularity here in the states has been on the decline for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Btw, Fury himself scored the fight 8-4. Exactly how I had it.

I think he's being generous with himself here, but I am definitely going to rewatch the fight and score it again as well.

OTOH he probably knows he near swept him and is trying to sell that rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X