No announcement yet.

developig power & speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• developig power & speed

i want to start training, and i was wondering what are the best exercises and techniques you guys use to improve your power and speed and how long you should spend on each exercise

when i use to box..we use to have this thing at our gym..it was like a bicycle..but instead of useing ur legs..u used ur arms..that devlops power and speed..but the main thing about power is technique

Comment

play tennis and practise serving as hard as you can... i have a 150mph serve and it really adds that extra strength into my overhand rights...

Comment

you should try to put plyometrics into your training. Plyometrics will increase your speed and power.

Comment

bagwork also helps both power and speed while also working on ur punching technique

Comment

Bagwork is the thing to do.

Comment

Shadow the better tehcnic the more speed and power you get.

And bag bag bag and more bag..... and i mean the heavy bag filled with sand.

Comment

Thats a good question, very topical, umm technique is underrated!, technique can unleash alot of power, remember, to sit down on your punches and screw ya fist out to add some more power, watch marvin hagler. Also, power and speed arnt everything, fighting style is important too.

Comment

the first thing i like to start out with is jump rope the after that i shadow box

Comment

Get a book on plyometrics it will show u lots of medicine ball throwns to work on your explosive power. Other wise hit the bag and shadow box for better form (in the water works nicely)

Comment

Working...
                    X