Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diego Corrales vs Joel Casamayor II: Disgraceful decision or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diego Corrales vs Joel Casamayor II: Disgraceful decision or not?

I just rewatched Corrales vs Casa II, and thought Casa won it easily. As in, by five rounds or something ridiculous. I thought that was a disgrace.

What's everyone's thoughts on this absurd decision? If you thought it an absurd decision at all?

It was indeed a bad decision.Corrales thought that he could box with him and failed miserably as ar as I'm concerned.

The first fight was an excellent fight while it lasted.Great pace and plenty of action.Corrales was getting tagged and lit up early on,but at the time of the stoppage he was having quite a bit of success when he applied the pressure and took it to Casamayor.

Corrales should have done this in the rematch rather than try and box Casamayor on the outside.

Comment

i thought joel won but that guy is just so hard to root for

Comment

Casamayor has had it bad man. Dude is underrated to the max, I also had him beating JLC and Freitas.

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
          i thought joel won but that guy is just so hard to root for
          May i ask why??

Comment

I think casamayor won clearly,i often feels hes underrated although hes nothing special

Comment

Casamayor is one of the slickest lightweight ever. His style threw everyone off specially his power wich everyone slept on.though not very exciting but pleasing to see how he step Into the ring with dangerous fighters and made them look not so great even in defeat.And your right he did get robbed in Corrales rematch but fought very close losses against JLC and Freitas!!

Comment

Most oft-robbed fighter of the 2000s other than Augustus.

Comment

I thought he won but I didn't think the decision was disgraceful. Casa wasn't winning many rounds by wide margins to me.

Comment

Obviously I'm a Corrales fan, but I always score it for Diego and I've watched it probably 10 times. This is a classic fight where there's a tendency to give a guy a round after he loses several in a row just because he does a little better. Part of the problem is also that Casamayor wins most of his rounds so decisively such as rounds 9 and 10 that you almost assume he stole some close ones elsewhere in the fight. But pretty much all the close rounds after the first 2 go to Corrales and his left hook counters on my card.

1: 10-9 Casamayor
                    2: 10-9 Casamayor
                    3: 10-9 Corrales
                    4: 10-9 Corrales
                    5: 10-9 Corrales
                    6: 10-9 Corrales
                    7: 10-9 Corrales
                    8: 10-9 Corrales
                    9: 10-9 Corrales
                    10: 10-8 Casamayor
                    11: 10-9 Corrales
                    12: 10-9 Casamayor