No announcement yet.

Early morning runing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early morning runing

i was reading on another board (no idea if it is true or not) that Mike Tyson got up at 5am to run 3 miles then returned to bed and slept another 3 hours or so. What is the point of getting up a 5am to run then going back to sleep? Is there some kind of advantage to that? It just seems wierd to me. Why not just get up at 7 or 8 and run?

I don't exactly remember the mike tyson boxing plan but my bet is he did his run early so that his body could rest before his 10 rounds of sparring or whatever he did right away in the morning.

Comment

i think it is to boost your metabolism

Comment

it didnt boost his stamina any....maybe he should have stayed up those extra 3 hours so he could get his second wind in the 6th round!

Comment

i said metabolism, not stamina

Comment

the metabolism boost from a good workout can last for several hours after you do it, especially if you were going real hard. so, he could burn calories while running, then continue to burn calories in his sleep.

Comment

Every boxer seems to have some sort of early morning run in place. Hatton was running at like 2 in the morning for the lead up to the Tszyu fight and he said he ran past his local pub and saw loads of his mates coming out and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rocco1252
                it didnt boost his stamina any....maybe he should have stayed up those extra 3 hours so he could get his second wind in the 6th round!

You are wrong when mike was training with Cus and Rooney he had quite good Stamina. Not the best but was good enough to go the rounds and get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by c0pe
                  Every boxer seems to have some sort of early morning run in place. Hatton was running at like 2 in the morning for the lead up to the Tszyu fight and he said he ran past his local pub and saw loads of his mates coming out and stuff.
                  The reason Hatton ran that late was because the fight was being fought that late. To acclimatize to being active that late. So that's a bad example of an early morning run...

Comment

Working...
                  X