Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making weight

i'm planning to go down at my weight.
    well I do mma and the weight here is not as strict as UFC or even boxing

we do things similar to pride when it comes to weight.
    you and your opponent has to have 10 lpds diff at max

i usually weight at 185 and fight at 180-189 lpd div.

what i do when a fight is near is just go basically balls to the wall out trainning twice a day that usually last atleast 3 hrs

and just up my food intake.

if i do everything right i will come in at around 180 a bit ripped to a stocky 183

but im hoping to go down at 170 or maybe 160
    so im wondering how do most boxers do it.

for example:

they come in the night before the fight weighting at 140 lpds
    then come fight night they will actually weight more or less around 150
    coz of hydration process.

but if you fail to properly hydrate up aint it gonna mess with your strength???

i want to be just a bonified or legit on my weight when i go down at my weight class so I dont have to go to the painfull process of making weight coz of dieting that usually drains some fighters.

any tips on lossing weight with out losing power nor speed?
    can someone explain me how the hydration process works and break it down?
    I want to go down on weight and dont go to diet that much when ever theres a fight coming and stay that way all year no off season weight or what soever any tips?

it really is confusing how most boxers do make their weight say, 140 and then come in on fight night at 150 yeah, i dont think its possible to go down that much in weight and not be dieting and training heaps all the time, you'd probly have to talk to a dietitican or a doctor or sumthing dont take serious weight adivce from people over the internet, you'd probly have to talk to a sports doctor about that i'd say

Comment

sweat suit..

no water..

treadmill..

eat something that will give u enerygy, but isnt heavy.. i.e. meal bars..

the other day just doing a normal workout i weighed before and after.. stepping in the gym dressed out.. 189.. stepping out .. still dressed out.. 185.. all water ..(no sweat suit.. no suana.. just 3 miles 15 min rop. 45 min bag..

Comment

where are you training that they do it like pride? are you talking about NAGA and GQ? Are you in a state with a boxing commission?

Comment

I only fight locally now in the phil.

I used to train and did fight a couple of kickboxing matches when I was in japan.

good thing here in the phil. is the weight division

the weight limit is not as strict as boxing,I fight at welterweight here at 180 - 189 lpd div.
          so you got to fight an opponent with atleast 10 lpds diff. with you, almost same as pridebut no open weight here or superfights though

Comment

like others have said, the body is 80% water. You can lose 10lbs of water then when you rehydrate you put it back on.

Thats why the catchweight fights in boxing is so stupid. You have one guy who is naturally 147 and maybe adds a few pounds to get to 154 and you could get a guy who is natually 160 losing 6lbs of water to get to 154.

The actual difference is maybe 15lbs of natural weight the smaller guy is giving up.

Comment

Where are you training?

and what orgs are you fighting for?

Are you training with any of Ricardo's guys?

Comment

sorry dont know who is ricardo youre reffering to.
                but, im training now in the philippines under the team strikes and submissions.
                if you're gonna visit the phil. you are welcome to train with our team just pm me so i can give my teammates a heads up.

Comment

Working...
                X