Ali-Foreman II...in 1975 before Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali-Foreman II...in 1975 before Frazier

Who wins and why? Discuss.

Honestly, I`ve always thought that if they fought again Big George would win. Simply because physically he was very much in his prime the first time they fought. I always figured he`d be smarter and more patient the second time around. But then again, it was never a good idea to bet against Ali.

Comment

George said he thought that if the fight wasn't postponed the first time, due to his cut, he would of probably won; when George wanted to leave to go back to America, they said "Nobody leaves until the fight is over"...that weighs on your mind, not to mention that lots of things were going wrong with him and it seemed nobody was rooting for him.

I also question if the early morning start time took something out of him.

George had the physical ability to beat Ali, but it would of helped to had a better trainer and corner.

In my opinion, George fought better fighting for the gold medal than he did in some of his other fights leading up to and after winning the title.

In the Gold medal fight, despite having little experience, he actually knew how to use the jab as a weapon...later, he would decline by not using the jab...he also didn't know how to pace himself, another problem I have with those that trained him...and his blocking punches, just terrible.

His trainers wasted his natural talent

Comment

I'd favour Foreman in a rematch at that time. Apparently Ali avoided a rematch with Foreman so that must say somthing.

Comment

Yup, George asked for the remtach, but Ali kept him waiting.

I think George needed that fight right away to prevent his psyche from further decline.

Comment

Ali would win again I believe. Either by UD or late KO. Foreman would be more careful and will be more hesitant to throw punches (as has been proven in his fights after the Rumble); Ali would outbox the less agressive Foreman.

Comment

I just don't see Ali getting into that kind of mental and physical shape again in 1975. Dundee even said that in Zaire, that was the best he ever saw Ali prepare and fight. He would have taken that fighter over the tap-dancer anyday. Had they fought a rematch, with George better prepared, and in a facility that wasn't 1000 degrees, he could probably take Ali out.

Comment

Ali UD 15.

Comment

Foreman would have conserved better and battered Ali into submission by the 8th round, possibly killing him in the ring

Comment

if foreman and his corner werent all idiots at the time then ali would have been the one asking for a rematch. i have never seen a fighter fight a more stupid fight than george did in that one.

Comment

Working...
                    X