Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Plans Super Bowl Fight Announcement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know why people think he'd buy ad space. Last time he drove a bus around with his name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      And an entire country doesn't give a lump because they are too busy watching the Super Bowl.
      ya but boxing fans care the betting world cares funny how people try to even question this part of things

Comment

If u ask me, ever since PAC being ko'd by JMM, I see Floyd's ppv #'s taking a hit due to the buildup to what was once a mega fight now being dead in the water. There not 1 fighter popular enough to the casual fans to gain as much interest amongst casuals than PAC vs May drew. At the moment there is no mega fight. The closest would be Mayweather/Canelo and I still wouldn't consider it a mega fight as Canelo is not well known to the U.S casual fans. At the moment he's known as the red headed Mexican boxer. He has no career defining fights or wins.
        Last edited by Deevel916; 01-29-2013, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          No shit millions of people watch the Superbowl but millions of people already know he's going to be fighting Robert Guerrero so....why the need for such a dramatic announcement? And the casuals that don't even know who Robert Guerrero is will be disappointed to hear some random unknown name.

But I guess he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

So funny because you know that's what would happen too.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            Yeah but that's a bad thing too. Casuals will be expecting to hear a name that they've actually heard of, like Pacquiao, Marquez, Martinez, Canelo etc. Not Robert Guerrero, they'll be like, "Robert who?" And for them it will be a huge disappointment.
            canelo and martinez are not well known by us casual fans. only pacquiao and marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              If u ask me, ever since PAC being ko'd by JMM, I see Floyd's ppv #'s taking a hit due to the buildup to what was once a mega fight now being dead in the water. There not 1 fighter popular enough to the casual fans to gain as much interest amongst casuals than PAC vs May drew. At the moment there is no mega fight. The closest would be Mayweather/Canelo and I still wouldn't consider it a mega fight as Canelo is not well known to the U.S casual fans. At the moment he's known as the red headed Mexican boxer. He has no career defining fights or wins.
              i think its a mega fight if they fight in september, because canelo would be a legit opponent if he beats trout.

mayweather/jmm 2 could be a mega fight.

Comment

Floyd is virtually an nba and nfl groupie. Look at all the bet slips he posts. He has the knowledge to speak with authority about the game. My guess is that he is a guest on one of the pre game show, they ask for his opinions re the game and then when they ask who he is fighting next he announces it then and there.

Comment

He will probably tweet it.

Comment

Marquez 2 wouldn't be a mega fight a lil intrigue maybe it would sell better than Guerrero fight I don't know if it would be more competitive.

Comment

so Floyd is announcing he is working on Cinco De Mayo (his official working day)....what is new really?! come on ppl

Comment

Working...
                      X