Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry but Amir Khan is the biggest hype job in decades.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    Hatton wasn't a hype job, he just lost to the best. He gave May a good fight.
    I think he was but nowhere near as bad as Khan.

Comment

That would be Manny, but Amir isn't that of a distant second.....

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        It is what it is. We all know how people from the UK have always hyped their fighters to the extreme but Khan has and always will be a hype job. The footwork has never progressed under Roach and the chin.........well we don't need to go deep into that.

The truth is people seem to not realize that boxing isn't all about being a great athlete. Khan is a good athlete but he isn't a great fighter and at this point in his career he will never be one, it just is something he will ever overcome. Peterson with or without PEDs would of beat him in a rematch, Garcia iced him, and without a doubt Bradley would of beat up on him too.

I picked Garcia by kayo going into this fight because Garcia is just simply better. Garcia isn't special by no means, he's wild as hell but Khan just isn't good. He's so average when you talk boxing skills its absurd and that is why he is the biggest hype job in ages. People need to stop falling into the trap of hand speed. Peace out, Amir.

don't be sorry, it's the truth, he was a frank warren project, hyped up then cashed out...... like hamed and hatton...... it's the warren way, wash, rinse, repeat. calzaghe got out at the right time, because had he continued, i'm willing to bet the same fate would've happened to him.

any ways, it's a typical frank warren product.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          Hatton wasn't a hype job, he just lost to the best. He gave May a good fight.
          PREACH!

Comment

I agree with check. But at the same time I still see the potential in Amir. Freddy Roach is the problem here. Amir needs a new camp to see if they can take his fighting game to the next level. Freddy isn't gonna bring that out of him. Im still not gonna count him out just yet, but I do agree his ring IQ isn't up to par at the moment.

Comment

I don't think so..... Not a Khan fan but in decades??? Nah

Comment

i can see why some ppl would be impressed with him. but the hype he was getting on hbo??? my god. they set themselves up for this one. they really did. smh, its hilarious to me that they couldnt see what was coming. even last nite they refused to believe it. and im tired of jim lampley. smh, the dudes become the worst commentator in the business and its not even close. i cringe everytime i hear him speak.

Comment

It is easy to see why Khan gets hype, he has very fast hands and is flashy, but he's really all flash and little substance. He seems to have cultivated a large following in England and brings in money. The reality is he's an average fighter without his speed, he was/is never going to do anything truly great IMO.

I did find it hilarious how HBO went from gargling Khan's nuts to call Garcia a new star within 10 minutes.

Comment

Stopped reading after that abysmal opening sentence.

Khan isn't the biggest hype job in decades because everyone knows Khan's weaknesses. Everyone can see how defensively frail and how poor his boxing IQ is. It just so happens that Khan is in a sport where people punch and Khan's biggest weakness being that he cannot take one, recipe for disaster. But the talent he has is evident and most people can see that.

Khan got knocked out last night, he didn't get outboxed by a brawler.

If you're unable to think for yourself, you'll come to the same conclusion as the TS.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                      It is easy to see why Khan gets hype, he has very fast hands and is flashy, but he's really all flash and little substance. He seems to have cultivated a large following in England and brings in money. The reality is he's an average fighter without his speed, he was/is never going to do anything truly great IMO.

I did find it hilarious how HBO went from gargling Khan's nuts to call Garcia a new star within 10 minutes.
                      I knew this shady mother****er would pop up after this

You were one of the true ones who actually saw Khan for what he was a long long time ago, Dom too.

Comment

Working...
                      X