Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the best American heavyweight right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the best American heavyweight right now?

Who's the best American HW as of July 2012?

At present, there are a lot of very good heavyweights in Europe: the Klitschkos, Pulev, Haye, Price, Glazkov, etc.

But it seems there isn't a single quality American HW right now. Mind you, there are some decent fringe contender types like Banks, Hamer, and Mitchell. But I'm talking about a higher level than those guys.

What do you think?
    Franklin Lawrence
    0.00%
    Eddie Chambers
    10.81%
    Chris Arreola
    28.38%
    Seth Mitchell
    14.86%
    Tony Thompson
    4.05%
    Tor Hamer
    0.00%
    Jonathan Banks
    1.35%
    Deontay Wilder
    6.76%
    Andy Ruiz Jr
    2.70%
    None of them are really very good
    31.08%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 07-08-2012, 12:00 PM.

Chambers is decent, Mitchell is exciting and will hopefully become something good as he continues to improve. Bryant Jennings isn't very experienced, but he is pretty decent and getting some good exposure on NBC Sports Network here in the United States.

Comment

The heavyweight division is so bad, it's like irrelevant in boxing, who really cares.

Comment

Seth Mitchell is okay, but it's only a matter of time until someone catches him. Tor Hamer comes from a privileged background and I'm not even sure he'll try to take his career to the highest stage. Wilder has a LONG way to go, but i'm looking forward to his fight with Price.

Honestly, I'd say Chris Arreola is the best heavyweight right now. Eddie is a close second, but he needs to be in better shape to do what he does effectively, and he's been pretty injury-prone.

Damn, I would love to see Arreola and Chambers or Arreola and Mitchell get it on. Shame those fights won't happen.

Comment

Malik Scott is pretty good. Wilder probably has the best potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
            The heavyweight division is so bad, it's like irrelevant in boxing, who really cares.
            if the klits were american, americans wouldn't be saying the division was irrelevant ... what they actually mean when the say the heavyweights are irrelevant is American Heavyweights are irrelevant lol

Comment

The Klitschko's are the best HW's. Everyone else pretty much sucks. America is being owned right now by Eastern European fighters. You guys are our dady. But, we will get the thrown back some day soon my friends.

Comment

Evander Holyfield....

Comment

As far as I can see, there are no bona fide American HW contenders right now.

There are a few who might be though. I'd like to see Hamer, Jennings, Mitchell and Wilder fight some top 25 opponents, maybe one of them would emerge as a true contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    As far as I can see, there are no bona fide American HW contenders right now.

There are a few who might be though. I'd like to see Hamer, Jennings, Mitchell and Wilder fight some top 25 opponents, maybe one of them would emerge as a true contender.
                    None! And nobody can take the crown from the Klits....

Comment

Working...
                    X