Defensive Boxing Is Useless In Real Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Youre a moron
    2. your average person couldn't catch a defensive boxer, ever
    3. fighting in the streets is petty and you should only do it if you HAVE to

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
      you are a super idiot if you really believe that. defensive abilities are even more important in 'real life' than in the boxign ring, because without big ole gloves on those little love taps you see so often from defensive fighters **** your day up real bad. Whenever I participate in the on campus mma club, even with mma gloves just jabs will bust lips and snap heads. Hell, I literally knocked out a kid with a jab to the body. Theres no way you could flat out KO a person with a jab to the body with big gloves on.

Now if youre saying that guys that hug and **** a lot in boxing wouldnt work well in a 'steet' fight...maybe Ill give you that. But fighting defensively with no gloves is crucial since such weak punches can still cause so much damage.
      So true.

A friend of mine whose pretty fit, 4 inches taller than me, alot stronger than me, but knows nothing about the fight game said he can beat me up in a real fight because hes stronger than me.

I said umm no you wont, the first guy whos lands a clean punch to the chin probably will win that fight, and you dont even have to be strong or anything. It just has to land clean. A bare fist punch is soo devastating when thrown correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        1. Youre a moron
        2. your average person couldn't catch a defensive boxer, ever
        3. fighting in the streets is petty and you should only do it if you HAVE to

i would knock your fugazi teeth out.

Comment

anyway, defensive boxing does not work if someone can grab your shirt.

Someone like Tyson or David Tua would rule the streets. What would Lennox or Wlad do if Tyson or Tua ran up on him and started unloading bombs at point blank range while holding onto his clothes? They can't run. they won't have range to work with.

Real life.

None of you fossies can walk the same street as me. Go to my previous threads and see how I throw down. When some ghetto trash approached me on the boat, I dropped him the moment he put his hands on me. I bring the heat homie. It's on record. Real talk.

Comment

If you saw me in real life, you wouldn't say that

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post

Someone like Tyson or David Tua would rule the streets. What would Lennox or Wlad do if Tyson or Tua ran up on him and started unloading bombs at point blank range while holding onto his clothes? They can't run. they won't have range to work with.

Real life.

None of you fossies can walk the same street as me. Go to my previous threads and see how I throw down. When some ghetto trash approached me on the boat, I dropped him the moment he put his hands on me. I bring the heat homie. It's on record. Real talk.
              Where's the vid?

Comment

simply learning to box will teach you two things, proper punching technique(which as it seems to me at the moment mma is lacking)
                and footwork

dumbass in street throws punch(likely a loopy haymaker), boxer has built in muscle memory to avoid punch while maintaining composure, boxer throws a straight, fight ends

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post

Real life.

you do realise that if youre grabbing someones shirt with one hand, then you cant use that arm to block with or punch with, right? sure, itll work occasionally on bums, but if you actually go against someone who knows what theyre doing, theyll pick up on that real fast.

and did you even consider that a very large part of defensive boxing is footwork? Even you try walking in trying to grab someones shirt, theyll just pepper the **** out of you with punches while backpeddling. and, again, it doesnt take that hard a punch to **** someones day up when barefisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                    If you saw me in real life, you wouldn't say that
                    you would get a 3 piece combo that would send your toupe flying through the hair.

the first punch lays you out. The next 2 is me styling over your unconscious body. Tyson Marvis style.

Comment

Also keep in mind a purely defensive boxer's offense is still 300% better than the average tough guy walking down the street.

So now he got a great offense and a rediculously good defense against anyone wanting to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                      X