No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly vs. Coyne in Play For SHO Quadrupleheader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly vs. Coyne in Play For SHO Quadrupleheader

Nathan Cleverly aims to be a big hit across the Atlantic when he takes on unbeaten Ryan Coyne, subject to WBO approval, next month in his American world championship title debut.

The Welsh star will co-headline on a big triple world title card promoted by Golden Boy Promotions at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Saturday 10th November.

With his fight also being televised live across America on Showtime and on BoxNation in the UK, he knows a top performance against Coyne will lead to unification fights against WBA king Beibut Shumenov and IBF title-holder Tavoris Cloud.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Far from sold on Cleverly, and Coyne's name sounds only vaguely familiar. Either way, I'll watch. Maybe one of them will make a new American fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      Far from sold on Cleverly, and Coyne's name sounds only vaguely familiar. Either way, I'll watch. Maybe one of them will make a new American fan.
      Wondering if Coyne is any good. I Boxrec'd him and doesn't look too impressive.

Comment

Seems a big guy at the weight, so hopefully durable. Hoped for a higher/ well-ranked guy though to appeal to the American audiances, excluding other titlists and someone obviously realistic. Looking at schedules, someone like Chris Henry would have been ideal, very good, strong fighter and worthy contender.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Wondering if Coyne is any good. I Boxrec'd him and doesn't look too impressive.
          Darn, well maybe they'll surprise us.

Comment

Ranked 73rd at 175 by boxrec. Few Ko's, no name opponents. Perfect Cleverly defense

Comment

i saw coyne fight on the don king feed of the alexander-matthysse undercard. he wasn't too impressive. maybe he's better-suited at 175 instead of cruiserweight

Comment

Coyne used to be a heavyweight, then he fought at cruiserweight.

I'm surprised he's moved down to light heavyweight.

He's tough, but not highly skilled. He'll likely take a beating from Cleverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Coyne used to be a heavyweight, then he fought at cruiserweight.

I'm surprised he's moved down to light heavyweight.

He's tough, but not highly skilled. He'll likely take a beating from Cleverly.
                  Love your informative posts, Freedom. Thanks as always.

Comment

One of those times when you say "who?" not just about a fighter, but about every fighter he's faced. Ryan Coyne is basically this week's Jason Escalera, only with less of a punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X