No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on the Gi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on the Gi?

I am not talking about in grappling tournys. I mean in MMA, we seen people like Royce and Yoshida use it to their advantage, then we have seen people like Sak use it against the people who are wearing it. Discuss......

I think that in order to have a fair fight both fighters should wear similar fighting gear.

Comment

Altho I personally woulnt wear one if I fought MMA, I think it is up to the fighter. If the rules say its Ok.....go for it.

Comment

I wouldn't. I have no training at all in the gi. It would make you hotter and fighting over heated sucks ass. Alot of guys train with the gi and fight in mma. The last thing I need is somebody choking me out with my own gi.

Comment

I think most people would find the disadvantages outweight the advantages of wearing a gi in an MMA match but then I suppose a minority of fighters (like Royce Gracie for exaple) can use the advanatages of the gi extremmly well and so wear the gi as a prefference.

Comment

i think it all depends on the fighter. after royce won the first ufc's a couple of lames wore gi's thinking they were royce and got ****ed. i think if you are a ground fighter that trys alot of subs a gi might be an advantage but if you are going stand up and fight a gi would not be a good idea cus your enemy might grab you by your gi and punch the **** outta you.

Comment

I think a gi is more of a disadvantage.

Comment

I don't like the gi's - I wouldn't fight in the ring with one on
                I do however train with gi's every once and a while
                And i think I am going to start working out with a gi, because It adds wieght and makes workouts more difficult, so after working out with a gi then working out without one I will feel much quicker
                Gi's in the ring have alot of disadvantages - theres too much too grab - though there are advantages, i feel the disadvantages outwiegh the advantages

Comment

Gman should have wore a gi.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub
                    I think that in order to have a fair fight both fighters should wear similar fighting gear.
                    That is what I was thinking too.....

Comment

Working...
                    X