Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Joshua gets credit for beating the worst prepared HW champ all time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
    cant really blame aj for ruiz performance, he didnt go for the KO because he knew it would increase his chance of getting clipped again, easy for us to say he should have engaged more, but the azz whoopin was still in his head. Anytime there was an exchange aj looked very uncomfortable and when andy pressed he landed so it was best for aj to just jab to the decision. I give aj credit for avenging his loss but this in no shape puts him at #1 HW at all like his fanatics are stating, especially after seeing how bad ruiz looked
    lol, that GIF in your signature alone shows to me whose the superior heavyweight at the moment. Look at the opponent Wilder iced vs chub midget Ruiz that AJ fought scared to get clipped again. It's night and day man.

I know Wilder's "skills" are questionable, but who cares when he does what you expect a heavyweight king to do. He goes in there, faces someone equally in the best shape of his career, and demolishes him.

Yeah so Wilder didn't finish off Fury and you would argue Fury wasn't in the best shape of his career, but at least he still did what he did to get a draw out of it. I also feel, a lighter Fury won't be able to resist the powa of Wilder. He can't get clipped for 12 rds.

Comment

Andy Ruiz has made himself the Hasim Rahman of 2019. The story is a least as much about him blowing it as it is about AJ beating him. AJ definitely deserves credit for making the proper adjustments and boxing better than a lot of people, including me, thought he could. But his victory is muted by having Ruiz do seemingly everything possible to sabotage himself. Holyfield didn't get much credit for beating Buster Douglas because Douglas came in fat and basically laid himself on canvas. So it is with AJ vs. Ruiz 2.

Comment

Comment

Ruiz was taking to school.
          End of story.

Comment

Joshua gets credit for what he did. Not what Ruiz didn't do.

Took his defeat like a man, got back in the gym and broke his body down to rebuild it for a specific fighting style. Then came in and executed it perfectly.

If you can't give even a bit of credit for that then I don't know what you're doing following the sport. Watch street fights on YouTube if you just want ultra violence.

And as for not stopping Ruiz - let's see if anyone else can do it. That guy can really take a punch. Phenomenal chin.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
              We were and still are but you stopped rebutting so... I was still talking about boxing and not fandom stuff in the middle of the text. He beat Ruiz so why should he not get credit for it? Probably not as much credit as he's getting and definitely not this "masterclass" nonsense but if Ruiz was really unprepared that's his own fault. That's what I was initially getting at and I don't see how that is an unreasonable point.

It is not AJs fault that Ruiz didnt prepare. Thats Ruiz fault.
              And it definitely wasn't a masterclass.
              100%

The point is, if ruiz didnt train ON TOP of ruiz having every physical disadvantage along with not being that good anyway why wasnt it a master class ny AJ?

If AJ is as GREAT as people claim why does AJ only have one way (fight safe or get koed) to beat a fat, short, untrained bum?

Im having trouble wording it because the TS made it clear as possible. Hope this helps, but probably wont.
              Last edited by Lopez_Boxing; 12-10-2019, 07:55 AM.

Comment

AJ went for the ko and got ko'd. Work smarter, not harder, as they say. AJ gets much credit for getting back in there right away. He gets credit for making and stick to the adjustments. Wasn't AJ's fault Andy ''trained'' at the 24 hr buffet.

Would ko'ing Andy been great ? Hell yes. A nearly shut out is just as good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  You still dont get it bro
                  What am I not getting? Lots of other people said similar things to me in this thread and you aren't ragging on them. You're not arguing anything against anything I said you just say I don't get it then say something vague...

Okay man his win doesn't count. Ruiz doesnt even have a chin it's just all neck and fat and thumb face.

Seriously what is wrong with you, I looked at your post history and it's 100% sarcastic whiney***** posts about AJ... 2 whole pages of it

I get it now. You're a cancer poster.
                  Last edited by YoungManRumble; 12-10-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    AJ went for the ko and got ko'd. Work smarter, not harder, as they say. AJ gets much credit for getting back in there right away. He gets credit for making and stick to the adjustments. Wasn't AJ's fault Andy ''trained'' at the 24 hr buffet.

Would ko'ing Andy been great ? Hell yes. A nearly shut out is just as good too.
                    Hell yeah. Getting a Shut out against an ATG like Ruiz solidifies AJs place as King of boxing. Name ONE other boxer that could get a shut out only using jabs against Ruiz. Hell name ONE other boxer that can even beat Ruiz. Ruiz is so great he didnt even bother to get in shape to fight AJ and AJ still couldnt take it to the much smaller man

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                      What am I not getting?
                      We rank wins based on the quality and toughness of the opponent.

Fury beating an undefeated klitschko was a high quality win. Crawford stopping a prime Gamboa was a high quality win.

Joshua beating a version of ruiz who looked like absolute trash in the worst shape of his life, was a pretty low quality win.

It wasn't Joshua's fault that ruiz didn't train. But that doesn't make it a good win.

It was ruiz's fault, not joshua's that it wasn't a good win. But that doesn't change the fact that it wasn't a good win.

Comment

Working...
                      X