No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs + Boxing =

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Playoffs + Boxing =

Ok, since Brassangel did the same thing with March Madness, I'll do it with the NBA Playoffs that starts tomorrow.

I will pick 16 all-time great fighters, the top 8 from the west, and the top 8 from the east(so if you don't see a few fighters on list it is because the east or west has enough people. it will be all 7-bout series, so upsets are possible. the seeds i give them will not be based on my opinion, but on what i hear from people on this forum. so here it is!

WEST

1. Muhammad Ali - Houston, TX
    2. Jack Dempsey - Manassah, CO
    3. Jack Johnson - Galveston, TX
    4. George Foreman - Houston, TX
    5. Lennox Lewis - London, England
    6. Max Schmeling - Brandenburg, Germany
    7. Max Baer - Livermore, CA
    8. James Jeffries - San Francisco, CA

EAST

1. Joe Louis - Detroit, MI
    2. Rocky Marciano - Brockton, MA
    3. Larry Holmes - Easton, PA
    4. Joe Frazier - Philadelphia, PA
    5. Mike Tyson - Catskill, NY
    6. Sonny Liston - Philadelphia, PA
    7. Evander Holyfield - Atlanta, GA
    8. Ezzard Charles - Cincinnati, OH

West matchups:

1. Muhammad Ali vs. 8. James Jeffries - Houston Astrodome, Houston, TX for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Mechanics Pavilion, San Francisco, CA for fights 3, 4, and 5.

2. Jack Dempsey vs. 7. Max Baer - Stockyards Stadium, Denver, CO for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Arcadia Pavilion, Oakland, CA for fights 3, 4, and 5.

3. Jack Johnson vs. 6. Max Schmeling - Harmony Hall, Galveston, TX for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Volkstaad Poststadion, Berlin, Germany for fights 3, 4, and 5.

4. George Foreman vs. 5. Lennox Lewis - Sam Houston Coliseum, Houston, TX for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. New London Arena, Millwall, London, England for fights 3, 4, and 5.

East matchups:

1. Joe Louis vs. 8. Ezzard Charles - Olympia Stadium, Detroit, MI for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Cincinnati Gardens, Cincinnati, OH for fights 3, 4, and 5.

2. Rocky Marciano vs. 7. Evander Holyfield - Boston Garden, Boston, MA for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA for fights 3, 4, and 5.

3. Larry Holmes vs. 6. Sonny Liston - Civic Arena, Pittsburgh, PA for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Convention Hall, Philadelphia, PA for fights 3, 4, and 5.

4. Joe Frazier vs. 5. Mike Tyson - Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA for fights 1, 2, 6, and 7. Madison Square Garden, New York, NY for fights 3, 4, and 5.

They are all in their primes.

I'll be commentating every fight in this playoff, so enjoy!!

wait ali is from kentucky y is he in the west??

Comment

Originally posted by =El Jefe+
      wait ali is from kentucky y is he in the west??
      well, there was too much people from the east, so i had to shift it a little. ali lived in houston, texas when he was in his prime, and fought quite a bit of his fights in the astrodome, so i put him in the west.

Comment

Sounds like fun. I don't quite understand it though. I'll see when the play-offs start and the New Jersey Nets take over
        New Jersey lets go!!

Oh damn, Frazier-Tyson is sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
          Sounds like fun. I don't quite understand it though. I'll see when the play-offs start and the New Jersey Nets take over
          New Jersey lets go!!

no! lakers are taking it all the way baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
            New Jersey lets go!!

it's not that hard to understand. each matchup will be a best of 7, and 8 people from the east and 8 people from the west. like the nba. and there is home-court(or home-ring, take your pick) advantage as well, so it it'll be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
              it's not that hard to understand. each matchup will be a best of 7, and 8 people from the east and 8 people from the west. like the nba. and there is home-court(or home-ring, take your pick) advantage as well, so it it'll be interesting.
              Yeah cool bro. Good luck and make it nice

Comment

Also feel free to make your own predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                  no! lakers are taking it all the way baby!
                  hahahhaaa, this is your funniest post in a long time. would you care to wager on this. the lakers have about as much of a real chance as george mason did in the final four.

Comment

i think ezzard charles n joe louis happend already, but prime for prime idk id have to lean towards louis for ud, if not a knockout in the late rounds...ezzard got louis past prime in their fights

Comment

Working...
                    X