Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know why people hate Floyd,and imma say it like it is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how Weebler is acting like Floyd was scared of Hatton.......jesus this place is amazing

Hatton and his team made it publicly known in 2005-2006 that he wasn't ready for the likes of Mayweather yet.

Anyways....the fight happened when both were unbeaten and prime, Top 10 P4P, and Floyd TKO'd Hatton. Weebler needs to therapy to finally get over it, it's been over 5 years now for f**ks sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      This has nonsense. Hatton was the man at 140 but Floyd wouldn't travel to the UK to face him and instead moved up. The reason this fight didn't go ahead at 140 was because Floyd wouldn't fight in the UK when Hatton was the champ.

Floyd then expected Hatton (again, the man at 140) to fight him in the US, which he did - at a weight class higher - after a couple of bouts to build his profile in Floyd's backyard with Floyd's pet ref.

I couldn't care less about the money but he shows no humility and no class or manners. That's not going to endear him to anyone except others who have possess similar traits.

You obviously were not watching boxing back then. Hatton's trainer OPENLY stated that Hatton was "NOT READY" to face floyd. At which point floyd moved up to 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        I love how Weebler is acting like Floyd was scared of Hatton.......jesus this place is amazing

Hatton and his team made it publicly known in 2005-2006 that he wasn't ready for the likes of Mayweather yet.

Anyways....the fight happened when both were unbeaten and prime, Top 10 P4P, and Floyd TKO'd Hatton. Weebler needs to therapy to finally get over it, it's been over 5 years now for f**ks sake.
        Floyd is P4P #1 or 2, 154 title holder and undefeated, as you say. So he should be OK to fight the top MW champ at 160 because he is higher P4P than anyone at 160? Right?

Why stop there. Marquez was #2 P4P and almost moved up 3 divisions to fight Floyd. Floyd fans keep on saying that being #2 P4P was enough and all that mattered. So then Floyd should have no problem moving up to 168lbs division and fight Ward since Floyd is king at P4P.

Hatton was king at 140 not 147. Had one average looking fight at WW then went back down. Hmmmm! Floyd fought Hatton at 147. Hatton couldn't resist that opportunity. That is all we need to know!
        Last edited by ADP02; 01-18-2013, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
          You obviously were not watching boxing back then. Hatton's trainer OPENLY stated that Hatton was "NOT READY" to face floyd. At which point floyd moved up to 147.
          Bro I've been watching boxing since 1992.

Moreover, I read all the old Floyd-Hatton-Tszyu-Gatti articles a couple of weeks ago - I know how it went down, and it's all there in black and white if you know how to use google search.

Floyd would not travel to the UK to fight Hatton when Hatton was the man at 140. Floyd picked Tszyu to beat Hatton and said there's no way he'd fight in the UK after Tszyu lost, Hatton was keen to fight everyone there (he always is).

Hatton started to fight in the US to build his profile, he planned on fighting Cotto, De La Hoya or Mayweather down the line after he gained recognition - that's where the 'not ready' line came from. It was about money.

Floyd on the other hand was b1tching about having to fight in Gatti's backyard, and not getting a fight with Jesse Leija made because Floyd wasn't a draw and telling Winky he wasn't willing to fight him for 50-50. He then expressed a desire to fight Kostya Tszyu after Hatton beat him.

Bottom line - Hatton was the man at 140, Mayweather would not travel to fight him. Hatton would have taken that fight in the UK in a heartbeat.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 01-18-2013, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
            You want me to describe Floyd's entire career larry?

His next fight is Robert Guerrero.

Now do you understand why people don't like him? I was a big fan of Floyd I even defended him several times, but this guy is a cherry picker who never tests himself. He'll never be greater than Manny Pacquiao and you wanna know why? Look at the bolded.
            Real ass post

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Seriously......the stupidity of this place, it makes you as a boxing fan not want to post here as often. This place makes you a cynical boxing fan, and often makes you a negative fan, who then seems like they don't even like the sport.

That's what this site does to people....

I mean when I read stuff like Floyd was scared of Hatton, when it was Hatton who shot down the possibility of that fight happening in 2005....and then stuff like Floyd fought an old Mosley because he ducked the younger one, when it was in fact Mosley who wanted nothing to do with that fight in 2006.....and than when people compare Floyd-Sergio to the likes of Pac-Mosley in 2009/2010......I mean jesus christ
              It's cool. As much as they try, they can't rewrite history.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                There are a lot of different reasons why people don't like Floyd. I became a huge fan during the De La Hoya vs Floyd 24/7 shows. To me, that's what I wanted to see in a boxer. He really made me laugh at his antics, the way he clowned on Oscar and his association with 50 cent. I think my praise for him reached its highest during the Ricky Hatton fight. But things have changed. What I don't like about him is he pulls **** like taking a 2 year vacation. Practically fighting once a year, that's getting old. And also when he is interviewed he often doesn't give you a strait answer. If a question is tough, he answers in a way that's not really an answer to the question, so he can dodge the question. I don't like that ****. I still think he's a great fighter and always root for him, but I'm not as big a fan as I was before. To me Broner is the man. Floyd is on his way out soon and I hope Broner takes over the sport and is a much better champion for the people than Floyd was.
                My question to you and people feel like u, why does it matter how often he fights or when he retires? Most boxers would love to be in that position. Hell people as most jobs would. If I can make more money and work less often, I would. Especially as a boxer. U know how many boxers would love to retire early? Jordan retired early too. Do u dislike him for it? Most athletes would love the opportunity to go out on top. A lot try but end up coming back. I just do t understand how that is a knock on someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  This is the last time imma speak on this and im gonna preach the gospel like it or not.People hate Floyd cause of their imperfections in life,they try to hate on the people he faced even tho IT IS A FACT HE HAS FACED THE #1 FIGHTER IN EVERY DIVISION HE HAS FOUGHT AT(AT 140 HATTON WAS CHAMP AND REFUSED TO FACE HIM,GATTI WAS THE #1 CONTENDER HENCE RANKED #1 BY THE RING LOOK IT UP I TELL NO LIE) You hate him because he has a loud mouth and flashes the money he has EARNED,did not rob anyone did not sell any dope,he sacrificed his body and worked hard for what he had.This man has defeated every champion that has been placed in front on him,every obstacle in his life he has faced and dealt with it.Are you upset because you let the obstacles in your life beat you down?are you upset that you have failed??well do something about it other then hate on Floyd,This guy is great because he worked for it and earned it,no 1 gave him ****.name me another fighter who won 8 titles(hell should be 9)in 5 divisions,3 lineal titles,all while remaining undefeated,go ahead i'll wait,out 0f 43 fights half of them have been title fights.You hate Floyd because in reality you hate yourself and your short comings,and now you will hate me for having the balls to tell you why you hate........

Now shut up and

How can anyone take you guys seriously when you talk like that, I hope you dont talk like that in real life

Comment

• maybe they just don't like his face.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Bottom line is people dont like the discrepency of how highly Floyd is rated and what he has actually done, it dont marry up.

People think he is overated big time. He dont fight oiut of his own country, dont take risks. Wouldnt fight hatton in england. Wont fight khan in england even though he says he will.

Waits so long that khan loses, so then he dont have to fight khan in england.

Comment

Working...
                      X