Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone mad that American fighters are starting to get their butts kicked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone mad that American fighters are starting to get their butts kicked?

I kind of am... Its very disappointing, now we got only Timothy Bradley for the most part. And its not even just about these guys losing their 0's, its more about how they lose their fights. I mean they lose them so embarrassingly at times, that it doesn't even seem like they're trying to win the fight at times. Like what I don't get is fighters who give rounds away and don't put 100 percent into every single round, they should be trying to win the rounds. But alot of the times it appears that they don't mind losing rounds.

And I can't stand some fighters who just look for the KO from the opening bell, but doesn't realize boxing is about winning rounds. I mean if the KO comes, it comes. But if it doesn't, atleast pile up rounds. And then I hate those boxers who don't mix their punches up to confuse their opponents. Like some boxers will only head-hunt and rarely try to go to the body.
    Yes
    26.67%
    No
    73.33%

all we have is tim bradley??

<--------------------
    <--------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mgsooner View Post
      all we have is tim bradley??

<--------------------
      <--------------------
      He's good I guess, but his style is so ugly to watch. He is a very dirty fighter, and I don't like watching those type of fighters even if its unintentional at times.

Comment

I think the issue lately is that alot of our fighters have been spoon fed by HBO and Showtime and when they are presented with equal or greater challengers, they aren't prepared.

We still have Miguel Cotto who is a thoroughbred and Mayweather. We have plenty of good fighters, they just need to stop being coddled so much

Comment

Originally posted by IlostMyAccount View Post
          He's good I guess, but his style is so ugly to watch. He is a very dirty fighter, and I don't like watching those type of fighters even if its unintentional at times.
          Well if he wins the Super Six then who cares how "ugly" it is. And I'd give him the inside track at this point.

Comment

All that's left really are Ward, Dirrell, Mayweather and Bradely. And to be honest, of that group, only Ward and Mayweather are truly in contention for 'best near their weight'. And even still, Mayweather likely won't beat Pacquaio and Ward will definitely lose to someone. Whether it's Golovkin, Pirog, Bute, Froch or Dirrell, someone will get Ward.

Comment

And he's a dirty fighter, WTF?????

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                I think the issue lately is that alot of our fighters have been spoon fed by HBO and Showtime and when they are presented with equal or greater challengers, they aren't prepared.

We still have Miguel Cotto who is a thoroughbred and Mayweather. We have plenty of good fighters, they just need to stop being coddled so much
                I like Miguel Cotto but I always consider him Puerto-rican more then American. I mean wasn't he born in Puerto-Rico? He's another one of my favorites. I like alot of top fighters. I even respect Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s skills but I do not like what appears to be ducking from his side.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post

Cotto is Puerto Rican bro

Comment

There's still Mayweather, Williams, Dirrell, Bradley and Cunningham, and plenty of talented up and comers like Angulo and Martirosyan.

Others like Ortiz, Dawson, Jacobs, and Alexander will likely do better in their next fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X