No announcement yet.

featherweight sparring heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• featherweight sparring heavyweight

would i get better by sparring someone alot bigger than me. There's no one in my gym who is small as me and my punch dont hurt them.. or should i listen to my coach and do what he told me?

yes
    u should def spar a HW if ur a FW
    but make sure to get it on tape so we can see
    Lol
    i have a feeling u really dont know how important it is to stick to ur weight in boxing

Comment

lol get a video recorder and watch me humiliate? i dont think so
      anyone else think i should?

Comment

abdiel is right , you need to record it an then post it here , so we can correct you , most guys are pros or good amateurs here .

if you spar a HW , forget about defense , pressure him ,go tothe body , drop your hands , do a mayorga impersonation , go into this big ****er mind . scare him , prove him you have a granite chin .

AND MAKE SURE TO PUT IT ON TAPE

Comment

i cant even go near him.. i was thinking of bobbing weaving as fast as i could and throw in some jabs and work the body.

Comment

tell the heavyweight to go easy on u, dat way u wont be scared and be more relaxed and dat way he wont blow ur head off

Comment

Originally posted by phook
              i cant even go near him.. i was thinking of bobbing weaving as fast as i could and throw in some jabs and work the body.
              bribe him?
              you ahvea n advantage on speed but power is some what out of your reach
              so drop those had and just do a nz on him.
              and tell him to go abit easy, that way you wont have to wqorry bout "his 8 weight devision above you" power.

Comment

Originally posted by phook
                would i get better by sparring someone alot bigger than me. There's no one in my gym who is small as me and my punch dont hurt them.. or should i listen to my coach and do what he told me?
                if there's nobody your size then why the **** would you go after a heavyweight? I'm sure your gym isn't heavyweights only...

Comment

Go for it. I spar with my brother who is only 135 pounds and I am 225 pounds. Right now I am trying to train him so that his defense is immaculate so far what I have taught him is showing very well. I have taught him how to parry in many ways and it is paying off for him. His friend came over the other day and sparred with him. His friend was getting frustrated since he could not land any shots because my brother was parrying everyshot and capitalizing on them. I was shocked that his friend who had won golden gloves before and had 5 trophies for boxing could not land one punch on my brother. It made me feel awesome like my teaching was perfect.

Anyways, go for it and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverBX
                    Go for it. I spar with my brother who is only 135 pounds and I am 225 pounds. Right now I am trying to train him so that his defense is immaculate so far what I have taught him is showing very well. I have taught him how to parry in many ways and it is paying off for him. His friend came over the other day and sparred with him. His friend was getting frustrated since he could not land any shots because my brother was parrying everyshot and capitalizing on them. I was shocked that his friend who had won golden gloves before and had 5 trophies for boxing could not land one punch on my brother. It made me feel awesome like my teaching was perfect.

Anyways, go for it and post it.
                    would you like to share some of your parrying wisdom on here then

Comment

Working...
                    X