Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i missing something with the Xbox One and PS4?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're essentially the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Krewella Boyy View Post
      They're essentially the same thing.
      Yes, like a Bic razor and a Mach 3.

Comment

games will be bigger, more characters will be on screen at the same time more details on screen and better AI all while running at 60 FPS 1080P

Next Gen its the end to the 6 hours very linear full of cutscenes games and more of the open world games its a big jump

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
          Yes, like a Bic razor and a Mach 3.

Comment

Nothing that impressive from either consoles, Now PS4 isn't letting you have your own music unless you buy from them for 4.99 a month lol.

My nephew wants PS4 for Christmas but I think Ill just upgrade his PC for less money.

Comment

I still have too many games to go through before even considering purchasing an xbox1. I only a couple months ago got on deadspace. I still have to **** with bioshock and fable and plenty other series that I haven't even discovered yet. Next gen can wait at least a year before I move on.

Comment

The reason they're not that impressive right now is because most of the games coming out for them at launch were originally being designed as 360/PS3 titles, which is why you'll see 360/PS3 versions on the shelf as well.

Basically, they rushed the consoles for the holiday season and haven't had time to work on anything of note yet.

Comment

We won't see the major differences either system is capable of for a couple of years. You need only look at some of the show off stuff Sony and Microsoft have put out to see what both systems will look like once developers know what they're doing.

Comment

My wife went ahead and bought one. If it had been me, I would've held off on it for the time being as there aren't any MUST HAVE titles that entice me. Additionally, there are still PS3 games being made AND what REALLY irks me is that the PS4 has ZERO backwards compatibility. Now before you put your nerd glasses on and start proclaiming, "Well, that's what the PSN network and 500GB storage capacity is there for...", I get it. But it still bothers me that I have this huge library of PS games and I can't even play them. I could understand not playing games from a certain generation, maybe two, but no compatibility?! This is like investing in a new system.

I remember having my first [fat model] PS3 die on me twice and then buying a slim PS3 a year later. I was glad that I now had a PS3, but the fact that these newer models didn't support PS2 games meant that I had to sacrifice convenience for reliability.

"Just buy a PS2! GAWD!"

Yeah, they're cheap but it's annoying to have two different consoles with a bunch of wires hooked up next to another one. It just is. The old [initial] PS3 was, had it not had such a high failure rate, hands-down the best Playstation console ever. It played all Playstation games so you didn't have to deal with downloading games you already owned.

I made peace with the fact that I no longer had that. I accepted that I could only play PS1 games besides PS3, and now that the next generation PS4 is here (with the visuals looking marginally better), everything that one owns in hard copies means nothing. It's the age of digital downloads, perhaps as a sort of countermeasure against piracy. Call it a pet peeve of mine, but I detest that I have to go through that again.

The PS4 doesn't have any huge titles upon release (CoD Ghosts is available on 360 and PS3), so we'll have to wait another 6-12 months for the real blockbusters to show up. Moreover, the PS4 doesn't support PS3 controllers. The only redeeming quality (just my opinion) is that it's actually cheaper than when the PS3 came out.

I get what Righteous is saying about the PS4 being a powerhouse, and I'll probably change my mind once I experience the non-existent loading times and 60 FPS games on a highly consistent basis, but until then, I just can't see a reason to drop money on this next gen console RIGHT NOW.

But unfortunately, it's gonna' happen. My wife's got the receipt, and her birthday's coming up.

On an added note, the only games I've seen that I'm excited for or at least partially interested in are the following (especially the bold ones):

Assault Android Cactus, Mighty No. 9, Cosmic Star Heroine, Watch Dogs, OddWorld: Abe's Odyssey New'N' Tasty (just add water), The Evil Within, Strider, Contrast, Beyond Good and Evil 2...

However, these games don't have an exact release date at the moment.
                    Last edited by TintaBoricua; 11-03-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev-
                      The jump could that of 100x more horsepower or what ever. The casual gamer looking at the difference from PS3 and PS4 will just look at visuals and think the same thing some other gamers are thinking, the jump is just not that different.

The power difference does not matter if you can't even notice much of a difference visually.

It's the PS3.5, it's an improvement from the PS3, but no quite a PS4. Maybe in 2-3 years the graphics will really start to shine, but i'm not impressed right now.
                      you're legally blind. Of course you can't tell the difference.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X