Once and for all Ryu-Ken. Who's better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dj Cerrote View Post
    I'd fuk u clowns up with Blanka........

jk, i blow at street fighter. Haven't played it in about a year. Picked up tekken few days ago to play online after not playing in 2 years and got sodomized. I lost my touch with my main character.

Blanka is cheap as f***. Whenever I played online, everyone would use him because it's really easy to spam electricity and cannonball and win.

I used to be great at Tekken, but I always played as Eddy because he's cheap and easy to use. Played 6 the other day, and I lost a lot of the love I used to have for the series. Been playing too much Super Street Fighter 4 and Mortal Kombat.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

on topic: ken is the shyt. if you like to spam ranged attacks, ryu is awesome. his dmg for blasts are high plain and simple. while ken's combos are a percentage faster.

so if you're a legit beast at SF, using straight cqc combos, head-to-head, you'll be picking ken before ryu. if not you'll be using ryu for the added blast dmg.

but **** both rock howard > twins. (capvsnk ref)
      Ken occupies a weird place in AE, because as a shoto he's caught between the more solid, passive Ryu, and the straight up offensive monsters Sakura and Akuma.
      Last edited by Miburo; 08-30-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Blanka is cheap as f***. Whenever I played online, everyone would use him because it's really easy to spam electricity and cannonball and win.

I used to be great at Tekken, but I always played as Eddy because he's cheap and easy to use. Played 6 the other day, and I lost a lot of the love I used to have for the series. Been playing too much Super Street Fighter 4 and Mortal Kombat.
        Nahh, Blanka users have that crouch he does, (lays flat) & that hop to the other side down pack. Those 2 relatively simple moves make Blanka very usable.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
            Ken occupies a weird place in AE, because as a shoto he's caught between the more solid, passive Ryu, and the straight up offensive monsters Sakura and Akuma.
            i raep with akuma. just copy ryu, then go for the instant kill off a whirlwind kick. i don't use sakura at all. the way she feels, i can't adjust to it.

the only female sf i use is ibuki and sometimes makoto. but mostly ibuki.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              i raep with akuma. just copy ryu, then go for the instant kill off a whirlwind kick. i don't use sakura at all. the way she feels, i can't adjust to it.

the only female sf i use is ibuki and sometimes makoto. but mostly ibuki.
              I have the most trouble with players that use Makoto, her focus attack is very well balanced & when she uses that choke collar & dashing punch it's a mess cause you can't block the choke collar.

Ibuki was a puzzle in the beginning, but I got her down pact now. Sakura gets walked on the regular & Chunli is only a problem because her 1st ultra combo stretches across the entire screen & by-passes a fireball.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                I have the most trouble with players that use Makoto, her focus attack is very well balanced & when she uses that choke collar & dashing punch it's a mess cause you can't block the choke collar.

Ibuki was a puzzle in the beginning, but I got her down pact now. Sakura gets walked on the regular & Chunli is only a problem because her 1st ultra combo stretches across the entire screen & by-passes a fireball.
                Technology has been discovered for Makoto recently that makes her playable on the highest level, but she is not easy to use well.

Comment

I always liked Ryu.

Comment

I was playing super street fighter 2 on an Emulator the other day and I was stuck on Balrog. I changed characters from Ryu to Ken and in 3 matches I had him beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                      Technology has been discovered for Makoto recently that makes her playable on the highest level, but she is not easy to use well.
                      Like I said, I have more problems with people that use Makoto, more than I do with people that use Sakura or Ibuki. Her focus attack is rangy. Her collar up can't be blocked & her dash can get her on the inside well. Now while I cannot play with her, I've seen folks boss the board with her.

Comment

Working...
                      X