No announcement yet.

Most Knockdowns In One Round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Knockdowns In One Round?

I was reading about the boxer and actor Victor McLaglen just now. According to boxrec, he had a fight in which he knocked his opponent down seven times in one round. What's more incredible is that the guy not only got up, but went on to last the distance.

I know boxrec can sometimes be unreliable (so any added info on whether or not their claims regarding this fight are true would be appreciated) but it got me thinking: which round in boxing history featured the most knockdowns?

Jack Dempsey put Louis Angel Firpo down 7 times in the opening round with Firpo also putting Dempsey down twice in that incredible opening round, Dempsey was knocked out of the ring the 2nd time managing to get back in with the help of reporters at the count of nine.. many at ringside claim the referee counted very slow so as to give Dempsey time to get back in the ring.. Dempsey floored Firpo twice in the 2nd round to win by KO in one of the wildest fights in boxing history.

Comment

Well the record for most KD's in a fight is 52 in the fight between Battling Nelson and Christy Williams. Bat was down 9 times while Williams was down 42 times excluding the knockout. The fight went 17 rounds and I'd say it's possible that there was more than 9KD's in some rounds although I haven't been able to find an exact KD-count per round.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Well the record for most KD's in a fight is 52 in the fight between Battling Nelson and Christy Williams. Bat was down 9 times while Williams was down 42 times excluding the knockout. The fight went 17 rounds and I'd say it's possible that there was more than 9KD's in some rounds although I haven't been able to find an exact KD-count per round.
        Sounds like UFC.

Comment

damn, 7 time hit the canvas, just incredible

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            52 times !!!!

WOW

Comment

52 times, damn, this cant be repeat today

Comment

Here's 8 knockdowns by Marcel cerdan vs José Ferrer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok668rOv_4c

Comment

Marcel Cerdan was a great boxer, easily one of the best of the day. I'd have liked to see him face Robinson.

Comment

Most Knockdowns In a Title Fight

Danny O'Sullivan vs Vic Toweel.
                    Johannesburg, S. Africa, Dec-1950. English Bantamweight O'Sullivan was down eight times in the fifth round during this Bantamweight title fight; however he managed to continue before retiring in the tenth. Toweel was reported as saying he could not belief his opponent kept getting up.

Comment

Working...
                    X