Collapse
No announcement yet.

After watching Mares and Rigondeax's last few fights I'm convinced that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

donaire beats both but i still want to see the fights especially the mares one.

Mares is a great young fighter but he still employs the typical mexican brawling style which ALMOST ALWAYS gets beaten by slick counter punchers something that donaire is with power in both hands augmented by superior athleticism.

Just watch the anselmo moeno vs darchinyan fights and the mares vs darchinyan fights.

Mares biggest problem with donaire? His height. He's only what 5'4? donaire is damn near 5'7 and he's the faster, slicker, and more athletic fighter. Mares would find it difficult. Look at how moreno was counter punching mares. Imagine a more aggressive, faster, slicker, and harder hitting fighter doing that to mares.

Nobody beats donaire at 122. They cannot match his speed, size, power, and more importantly they cant match him athletically.

126 is where donaire gets tested vs russell jr who can match donaire's speed and athleticism and Garcia who is just a terrific all around fighter.

Mares and Rigo pose no threat to donaire but i still want to see both fights the mares fight more than the rigo one. If donaire fights mares at 122 and moves up without fighting rigo im fine by that.

Comment

Why do people think Garcia can fight Donaire one day??? They both share the same trainer.

Plus, Garcia is overrated in my opinion. He's way too easy to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
        donaire beats both but i still want to see the fights especially the mares one.

Mares is a great young fighter but he still employs the typical mexican brawling style which ALMOST ALWAYS gets beaten by slick counter punchers something that donaire is with power in both hands augmented by superior athleticism.

Just watch the anselmo moeno vs darchinyan fights and the mares vs darchinyan fights.

Mares biggest problem with donaire? His height. He's only what 5'4? donaire is damn near 5'7 and he's the faster, slicker, and more athletic fighter. Mares would find it difficult. Look at how moreno was counter punching mares. Imagine a more aggressive, faster, slicker, and harder hitting fighter doing that to mares.

Nobody beats donaire at 122. They cannot match his speed, size, power, and more importantly they cant match him athletically.

126 is where donaire gets tested vs russell jr who can match donaire's speed and athleticism and Garcia who is just a terrific all around fighter.

Mares and Rigo pose no threat to donaire but i still want to see both fights the mares fight more than the rigo one. If donaire fights mares at 122 and moves up without fighting rigo im fine by that.
        You're right, if Donaire is smart he sticks around as long as possible at 122, his run ends at 126. Rigo, Mares, line em up, heck go for Moreno after if his stock is still high.

Comment

I think given all of their history u would have to favor Donaire.....

Comment

Mares reminds me of Juan Diaz! Hes good at pressuring, and throwing lots of punches, but he just doesn't really have the power to make that a prudent style for him.

Soon as he runs into someone who takes their time, and can punch, its all over for him.

Comment

People keep doubting Mares but he keeps winning. Yes Donaire would be a difficult fight for him but let's not act like Donaire is some boxing virtuoso, the guy has plenty of flaws that could favor Mares. I think Mares has a chance if he can take Donaire's shots and smother him and work his body, he can win an easy UD by outworking him.

Rigo is hard to judge, but he has the tools to beat Donaire as well.

Can't fault people for making Donaire the fav in these fights, but both guys have a good shot. Too bad Nonito is not as eager to get inside the ring with them as they are.

Comment

Mares is a threat to anyone when he's allowed to foul at will with no repercussions.

I hope Donaire-Mares gets made, and I hope the ref isn't bought off.

Comment

whom poses the only possible threat to nonito

122 no one, literally
                  126, russell but even still he has a bad right hand, so fars fought 8 rounders nd nonito send him flying from a hook mid exchange. lol
                  126, mikey garcia.. never happening, they have the same trainer nd are probably buddies
                  130, gamboa, biggest threat, effective nd unpredictable aggression will give the technical donaire an issue until he calculates his punches
                  as far as salido, he's babyfood. feed him to the others in the division

Comment

Well I see Donaire knocking out Mares and Rigondeaux brutally but Moreno would give him a lot of trouble. It's a shame we'll probably never see that fight.

Comment

Donaire Mares is the fight to make, but imo it won't be a fight. Donaire is one of the best fighters in the world. Mares has nothing in his arsenal that can stop Donaire except possibly low blows lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X