No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Kirkland Stops Alfredo Angulo in a Classic War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kirkland getting KO'd in 1 round a sure sign of things to come? Or did I miss something?
    manny was ko'd 2 times by journeymen..was that a sign of things to come???losing isnt the end of a mans career..you can learn and become a much better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kirkland getting KO'd in 1 round a sure sign of things to come? Or did I miss something?
      it certainly could be, or it could mean that spending two years in prison and fighting 3 times in less than a month and above his normal fighting weight wasn't the best thing for him at the time and he got caught early.

Maybe he's never the same again. But prior to prison he did walk through Julio's punches and Vera's who one would suspect are much harder punchers than the japanese dude.

So we have to wait and see. I don't think Kirkland and Wolfe would take this fight if they didn't think they couldn't win, it's not like he's getting paid a million dollars. It's do or die for them.

Comment

wtf ever happened to Nobuhiro Ishida,the guy destroyed kirland,no way james deserves this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
          wtf ever happened to Nobuhiro Ishida,the guy destroyed kirland,no way james deserves this fight.
          Are you actually crying about this match-up?

Comment

I got Angulo KO in 6. Kirkland's only chance is to box all night and I don't see him being able to do that. I think he will come out boxing but Angulo's pressure and punches will make Kirkland want to fight, once that happens Agulo's straighter punches will be the end of Kirkland.

Comment

If Kirkland's chin doesn't fail him early, I think we'll see a good fight.

Comment

Back a couple of years ago I would have said Kirkland in a war.

After Ishida, things changed. It's not just some random loss against a big unknown puncher, it was a 1st round TKO against a light hitting unknown. Big difference.

If Kirkland's chin can hold up, his power should get him the win. This fight will be a fire fight obviously. But honestly my head is telling me Angulo is going to stop Kirkland, because that loss to Ishida is still in my head. Angulo has a loss too, but it was a loss where he just got outboxed, not annihilated, knocked down, badly hurt or anything like that.

Comment

Beginning at 2:05

They respect each other.

Hard to tell, But Angulo looks bigger. Could be the angle.

Comment

Unless Anne Wolf taught James how to revive his chin, I've got to pick Angulo.

I mean, c'mon. Ishida?

Comment

This is gonna be a carbon copy of the Antillon vs Rios fight of earlier this year. Angulo stops him in the 3rd

Comment

Working...
                      X