Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Alistair Overeem win a heavyweight championship in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Alistair Overeem win a heavyweight championship in boxing?

2010 K1 GP winner (kickboxing), current Strikeforce and Dream (mma) heavyweight champion
    Yes
    4.00%
    No
    76.00%
    Maybe
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

not sure he is explosive and powerful but up to a certain point you need more than that..like when you face a gian 7ft tall guy who will jab you nonstop and smother you when you try to punch etc etc

Comment

Vitali kickboxing

Comment

No way. He has been hurt by K1 guys with pucnhes.

He is like a Samuel Peter, slow, open and is there to be hit. Infact Samuel Peter would have him.

I watched this Overeem Documentary which is in the MMA lounge, and saw what he was like and I thought, if hge is a top HW in MMA, then a masterful boxer has a real good chance at beating him in K1 (Kinda like kick boxing)

The only thing in K1 to worry about are his knees.

No doubt a Tyson who was trained to withstand the pain of kicks, to kick and learned to wrestle a little could probably do very well in MMA.

MMA itself is another story to K1 and boxing. It is another spectrum so that is ahrder for a boxer, but 100% that most HW MMA fighters wouldn't have the stamina to last 12 rounds. They gas out quite easily and with 10 ounce gloves, their punches will be even weaker.

I have sparred with a good friend of mine who has done Wing Chun, Kung Fu, Boxing, Praying Mantis and he beat the **** out of me because of the kicks. A jab is not longer than a leg LOL. So it goes both ways, but I did land some shots that were good of my own, but he used his legs very well and it was ahrd for me to get in.

When I got in, I wrestled with him, but that was even.

So, I am just saying that they are very different sports.

Comment

With his iron chin and incredible stamina anything is possible! (sarcasm)

But seriously, i'm not slighting him but he just wouldn't be able to cross-over.

He is the combat sports athlete of the year though, I just don't see him ever beating a top rated HW.

Comment

Absolutely NO CHANCE

Comment

well if the Klitchkos can do it, anybody can.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                well if the Klitchkos can do it, anybody can.
                I think only Vitali was a kickboxer...

Vitali's a certified bad ass though: pro kickboxer, heavyweight champ, phd in sports science...(and I'm pretty sure he holds some goverment position in the Ukraine as well)

Comment

in that video he forgot to tell us what kind of steriods he takes

Comment

the craziest thing about that juggo is that he's fought in the states several times and every time his tests come back clean. LMAO

Comment

Working...
                    X