Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) In His Prime Was Roy Jones Jr Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
    Correct. Most of the people talking **** are Calazghe fans. People who started watching boxing around 2005 or so and thing they know anything.

Define: IRONY.
    lmao
    Its not in Calzaghe fans interests to knock Mr Jones resume.

Comment

Originally posted by tinat View Post
      let's dispense with the bums bs...because in reality.....he fought who they sent him.....he was just that superior to them. paz....no bum, toney...no bum.....hopkins...no bum....tarver....bum of all bums and yet......peeps tend to forget roy won that first fight with tarver.

no one is unbeatable....all it takes is one well placed / lucky punch.

the fighters roy disposed of looked like crap against roy yet when fighting anyone else they were....well seasoned or a good fighter.

roy is the only boxer where everyone....media and fans....asked him to go all over the place to fight....roy can't beat a heavy, oh he can't beat a middle weight, he should drop to 147 and fight mosley....go fight tyson....gtfoh.....he is only human.
      you crazy? he fought part time policemen, bin man and hospital workers. there are around 6-8 good names which he should have fought but didnt.

against mostly bums he looked unbeatable but not against good boxers

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
        lmao
        Its not in Calzaghe fans interests to knock Mr Jones resume.
        Calzaghe fans are not logical. And they would knock his resume basically saying he ducked real competition.

Then they'll name the typical overseas fighters that they think Jones dodged including the Welsh sheep shagger.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          No one is unbeatable but I can't think of a single fighter I'd pick over him at 168.
          I think a Nunn fight would have been at least 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            I think a Nunn fight would have been at least 50/50.
            I like Nunn to give him hell too but I'd favor Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
              you crazy? he fought part time policemen, bin man and hospital workers. there are around 6-8 good names which he should have fought but didnt.

against mostly bums he looked unbeatable but not against good boxers
              I've heard this from many a Calzaghe fan over and over and over and over throughout the years.

They'll say Policeman then name a bunch of other things like trash men, bin men, firemen etc. etc.

So here we go YET AGAIN: Prove it jokester. He fought on part time cop. Anyone else on that list?

Every single name on those lists has been explained (for example by the time Nigel Benn fight would have been feasible Benn himself said he was done and didn't think he could win, and Gerald for example was a vegetable).

The ONLY fight that should have happened was Darius M. and that's arguable whose fault that is with most thinking it's mostly Darius' fault.

so again, name the hospital workers, the bin men, etc. etc. and ALL the bums that Roy fought.

You've got one: Ricky Frazier the part time cop.

Anyone else?

Comment

Any fighter is capable of losing.

Just when you think a fighter can't lose, you have to think about Feb. of 1990.

Even if there is a 1 in 100 chance the Great RJJ could lose, there is always that possibility.

I think in his prime, the other fighter would have to fight an absolutely perfect fight to win, but it's possible.

Jones was a menace and when he was at his best there aren't many people that had any kind of chance against him but you never know when you're going to get Buster Douglas'd Tokyo style.

Comment

Calzaghe fans are not logical. And they would knock his resume basically saying he ducked real competition.

Then they'll name the typical overseas fighters that they think Jones dodged including the Welsh sheep shagger.
                  Remember when they used to talk that mess?

Comment

A lot of Euro's at the time(Roy's prime) were well worthy of a fight with Roy. I could make a list as long as my arm.

Comment

Damn Dude, how comes your so hardcore today.
                      The Calzaghe-Jones proposed fight back in 2000 didn't really make much sense, Joe expected Jones to move back down to 168 lbs, which isn't a realistic demand to make. Also if you want the big fights you are going to have to go out of your way to make them, like Tarver did with Jones. Calzaghe never did that, he could of at least defended his belt in America, to get some interest in the fight, but he never did that either.

Comment

Working...
                      X