Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Margarito Has August Return Date, Still Eyes Miguel Cotto Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
    Capetillo copped to the plaster wrap in the Mosely fight during a Ring interview. However, what's shady is how Margarito became a power beast starting with Cintron. Normally, once the level of opposition is stepped up the power is diminished because of the quality of fighter in the other corner. Margarito went from being a durable pressure fighter against average fighters, to a power monster vs the top fighters of the time. To me that's what's shady.

Capetillo: "I still think of him like my son, and my love for him is not going to go away because we were separated. None of this was his fault. I’m responsible for everything that happened because I’m the one who wrapped his hands. It was my mistake.”

https://www.******.com/124655-capeti...d-wrap-scandal\

"******" = r i n g t v
    He never said anything about plaster. Now if what you assume beggining in the Cintron fight were correct that would mean the Cintron (twice) corner along with the Clottey, Williams, Johnson and Cotto corners and along with the commissions where those fights happened were blind, idiots, were complacent or all of the above...take your pick...

Comment

For those that say Margarito was coming on late in the second fight with Cotto, eh, he was a little bit. But Cotto was still outlanding him, out boxing him and hitting Margarito with the harder shots. That last round, round 9 was one of Cotto's best rounds of the fight that he won clearly.

In between rounds 9 and 10 Cotto had a look on his face saying there's no way I'm going to lose this fight. For me regardless if the fight was stopped or was allowed to continue Cotto was still going to win anyway.

After the first Cotto-Margarito fight, Margarito actually had more taken out of him than Cotto. It was Margarito who was never the same after that fight. He got blasted away against Mosley, looked bad against mediocre competition and lost all of his fights against elite level fighters.

The Margarito of today is even worse, he's old and shot to ****. I wouldn't mind seeing Cotto-Margarito 3. The Margarito of today will get obliterated by Cotto today. Cotto would knock him out in 8 to 9 rounds. Probably his corner or ref would stop the fight because of the heavy punishment and damage Margarito would take.

As far as being "scared" Well Margarito showed how "scared" he was when he was caught trying to illegally wrap his hands with plaster.

If he is this brave fearless fighter with heart, etc...then why did he get caught trying to use plaster on his wraps? Why did he need to use plaster at all if he's so fearless? He obviously was thinking he sucks, he's not good enough.

But he's this brave warrior with a big heart and is fearless. Lol, yet he was so fearless and brave he got caught trying to load up his gloves with plaster inside of them. Lol, ok, that makes perfect sense! Lol
      Last edited by The Time; 06-08-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
        Capetillo copped to the plaster wrap in the Mosely fight during a Ring interview. However, what's shady is how Margarito became a power beast starting with Cintron. Normally, once the level of opposition is stepped up the power is diminished because of the quality of fighter in the other corner. Margarito went from being a durable pressure fighter against average fighters, to a power monster vs the top fighters of the time. To me that's what's shady.

Capetillo: "I still think of him like my son, and my love for him is not going to go away because we were separated. None of this was his fault. I’m responsible for everything that happened because I’m the one who wrapped his hands. It was my mistake.”

https://www.******.com/124655-capeti...d-wrap-scandal\

"******" = r i n g t v

Interesting because after Margarito lost to Paul Williams, is when he became "that power beast" all of a sudden that you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Margarito Has August Return Date, Still Eyes Miguel Cotto Trilogy Reply to Thread
          Which eye?

Comment

Lol, the Margarito of today has no chance in hell against Cotto. Today's Margarito is shot to ****.

And even though Cotto is not in his prime. He still has a lot more left when compared to Margarito.

A Roach trained Cotto along with being conditioned by strength and conditioning coach Gavin McMillan from the Sports Science Lab will absolutely obliterate today's Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              Which eye?

His 3rd Eye

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                Lol, the Margarito of today has no chance in hell against Cotto. Today's Margarito is shot to ****.

And even though Cotto is not in his prime. He still has a lot more left when compared to Margarito.

A Roach trained Cotto along with being conditioned by strength and conditioning coach Gavin McMillan from the Sports Science Lab will absolutely obliterate today's Margarito.
                at this point i would heavily favor cotto but never say never. cotto to marg is like manny to marquez. i think no matter what, no matter how how old they are, etc. marg will always give cotto a good scrap. its just the style. in the rematch if you take away marg's pre-damaged eye, then we got a fight there. cotto went straight for that eye, if that eye was never damage in the first place, that fight would have played out much different.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                  at this point i would heavily favor cotto but never say never. cotto to marg is like manny to marquez. i think no matter what, no matter how how old they are, etc. marg will always give cotto a good scrap. its just the style.

I agree with your point if both fighters were at similar levels of their careers or not that far off from each other. But really Margarito is old and really shot at this point.

If Marquez the way he is now fought Pacquiao now, even though he's not in his prime, Pacquiao would beat Marquez relatively easy with the way Marquez is right now, body all broken down.

With Margarito, though his body is not as badly broken down as Marquez. Still it's clear at Margarito's age and his wear and tear he is completely shot. Shadow of what he was. Cotto is not in his prime, but he's still fighting at a relatively high level. That's where the difference comes in at this point in their careers.

I think Kamegai can probably beat Margarito at this point of Margarito's career.

And that would be a good fight actually, Kamegai vs. Margarito. I would like to see this fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    at this point i would heavily favor cotto but never say never. cotto to marg is like manny to marquez. i think no matter what, no matter how how old they are, etc. marg will always give cotto a good scrap. its just the style. in the rematch if you take away marg's pre-damaged eye, then we got a fight there. cotto went straight for that eye, if that eye was never damage in the first place, that fight would have played out much different.

Forgot to mention, in the rematch if Margarito had 2 good eyes, yeah the fight would have been closer. I'm pretty sure it would have went all 12 rounds.

I still would have had Cotto winning in a decision. I am of the majority that believe Margarito cheated in the first fight.

So yeah the rematch would have been closer and went 12 rounds, but I still would have had Cotto winning.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Cotto has already gotten his revenge against Margarito. He looked like crap against bums coming out of his 5 year retirement while cotto is still fighting at a high level. Margarito is begging for any payday because he lost all his money but hes no longer a draw or a world class fighter. cotto can make more money fighting bigger names then Margarito. Is Jose cotto still fighting he can try and fight him. He already fought canelo's bum brother maybe fight cotto or chavez brother. Or mayorga that's the level Margarito is on right now.

I would like to see Kamegai vs Margarito. I think at this point in Margarito's career Kamegai has a good chance to beat him.

Though we have to see how Kamegai comes out of the Cotto fight. He might need a rest or a soft touch or two before a fight like that after fighting Cotto.

But guys like Robert Guerrero, Andre Berto, Margarito and Kamegai can all fight each other. I think those guys are at or around the same level as each other at this point. And the guys you mentioned as well.
                      Last edited by The Time; 06-08-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X