Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    you got even money for floyd v cotto? send me the info on your bookie
    haha yeah bro. I was surprised.

Bet365 my dude.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
      Nope, that's a fact brother.
      I actually disagree, as long as you keep your head when betting and have patience (ie realising you wont win much on favourites) you can make money in the long run. Its not going to provide for your family maybe but it will still be fun to take money from the bookies.

Edit: also creatively pick your underdog bets only when you feel a fighter has more chance than the odds give him. If you go to bet on a fight thinking the odds are going to be one way, and they are different, then theres always a chance you are right and they are wrong.

No doubt the odds make sure that the bookies make a profit, but that profit doesnt have to come from you!
      Last edited by Tom Cruise; 11-27-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        I actually disagree, as long as you keep your head when betting and have patience (ie realising you wont win much on favourites) you can make money in the long run. Its not going to provide for your family maybe but it will still be fun to take money from the bookies.
        I agree.

So long as you keep your head while betting and don't rush in with bets, you'll win more than you'll lose.

Comment

Edit: also creatively pick your underdog bets only when you feel a fighter has more chance than the odds give him. If you go to bet on a fight thinking the odds are going to be one way, and they are different, then theres always a chance you are right and they are wrong.

No doubt the odds make sure that the bookies make a profit, but that profit doesnt have to come from you!
          You're right. I meant it's a fact in a general sense. Of course some savvy bettors can use gambling to supplement their income, but far and away the bookies will find more marks to cover those losses than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
            You're right. I meant it's a fact in a general sense. Of course some savvy bettors can use gambling to supplement their income, but far and away the bookies will find more marks to cover those losses than the other way around.
            yeah for sure, for every guy who put 100 pounds on Mayweather, i bet there were 100 guys who put a 5 pounds on Hatton!

House always wins!

Comment

Guidelines for aspiring gamblers that want to win:

Only bet on sport(s) you are very knowledgable on.

The bigger/more mainstream the event, the less value on offer in comparison.

Bet on what you see as overpriced odds, if you correctly judge a 6/1 to be closer to 3/1, you'll win in the long run.

If you can, bet in play. You get the feel of the event, and you can lay off earlier bets if you want to guarantee a profit.

I follow these guidelines for all my sports betting, write down my wagers and do well.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I mostly bet on UFC and boxing and my strategy is to bet small but aim big.

Over the past year I've probably won £500 plus on boxing and UFC cards with a little less than £50 overall deposit.

I usually stick to accumulators and predict how the fight will be won (decision, TKO, KO) in 4-7 fights, which usually returns good odds with little risk.

I breakdown the fighters recent opponents, KO ratios, and level of opposition before I make the bet.

This is an example of one my most recent wins.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                  I mostly bet on UFC and boxing and my strategy is to bet small but aim big.

Over the past year I've probably won £500 plus on boxing and UFC cards with a little less than £50 overall deposit.

I usually stick to accumulators and predict how the fight will be won (decision, TKO, KO) in 4-7 fights, which usually returns good odds with little risk.

I breakdown the fighters recent opponents, KO ratios, and level of opposition before I make the bet.

This is an example of one my most recent wins.
                  Ive always tried to avoid accumulaters as they up the risk so much and dont offer decent enough compensation for me.

That one you posted is a good one though!

Comment

i do, i tend to just pick a round tho because you need to put on alot if you are just picking who is going to win. not won very many tho! think the last one i won on was martinez against macklin!

i had a tenner on guerrero KO/TKO at 5/1 last weekend and obviously that didnt come in! was thinking it might have after the first couple of rounds tho!

iv picked round 7 so many times and it hasnt come in yet, so im going with cotto to win in round 7 this week! got to come in eventually!

Comment

the thing is this: you have to be honest to yourself. you have to write down how much you win and how much you lose. then after 1 year you tell me what you won. cause the times you win are the ones you remember, but the times you lost you tend to forget. only if you really write down every single bet , will you see you didnt win in the long run.
                      furthermore I have to disagree with this:
                      also creatively pick your underdog bets only when you feel a fighter has more chance than the odds give him.
                      because I did that also in the past. I bet on underdogs only cause I thought the chance of the underdog winning is bigger than the odds make it look. but my experience in the long run is that you shouldnt do that. you should only bet on things you believe will happen. example: if a fighter is a 10:1 underdog and you think he should only be a 4:1 underdog, then you shouldnt bet on him. Cause you still think he will lose. my experience taught me the best thing is to only bet on fighters you actually believe will win. but as I said, overall I still didnt make any money. that being said- if I would have bet more on underdogs, I would have lost MORE money than I actually did.

Comment

Working...
                      X