Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seth Mitchell to face Ruslan Chagaev on Khan undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good test for Seth...not a walk in the park after from what I saw Chaz do to him....won't be suprised if RC knocked him out...I hope Seth takes it but dude got a ways to go imo before he's a SERIOUS threat to the throne

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
      Chagaev is actually quite a big threat for Mitchell, even more if he comes in motivated like he did against Valuev.
      chagaev is slow & methodical nowadays. he hasn't looked good since the valuev fight. he got beat by wlad & povetkin. he looked ok vs meehan but should have lost to walker & drumond but got gift wins. he hasn't done much in recent years because of several injuries & inactivity. this is a good fight for mitchell & i think he could win it. he will have to make sure he's in good shape because chagaev is durable & can go 12 & he has a pretty sturdy chin too. chagaev is also a southpaw & former world champion so mitchell will have his hands full. make it happen!

Comment

this is the 3rd name mentioned. michael grant, chauncy welliver & now chagaev...

Comment

Originally posted by TheHayeMaker View Post
          Ya it was a joke.

Mitchell have a glass jaw. To be perfectly honest with you? I don't know who Chagaev is, it just felt cool writing

'a battle of glass jaws'

How good is Chagaev

can Chagaev beat Gary Mason?
          stop posting

on topic it would be a hell of a fight and a good test for mitchell

Comment

Perfect step up for Seth and would leave him one or two fights away from getting a shot at the Klits. Fight Chagaev in July and then hopefully a one or both Arreola/Adamek. Get through those fights and then we have the big one next year in the fall. Mitchell has been brought up perfectly so far.

Comment

I just hope it's a good fight.

Comment

I have never really liked the heavyweight division, but if anyone can turn me into a fan it's Seth Mitchell. This dude comes to fight, and he's very vulnerable in there which makes his fights all the more exciting. Chagaev will be a great test should this fight happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  Promoters need to start doing a better job. The Klitschkos sell out stadiums fighting guys like Chagaev.
                  you expect a guy who isnt even a champion to sell out a stadium?

Comment

Good fight for Mitchell. Chagaev is still ranked inside the Top 10 at HW and his only loses were to Klitschko and Povetkin. He's no scrub, but he's not in his peak for sure. But this is a good step for Mitchell. If he wins, he'll be a Top 10 HW to me.

Comment

I like this fight, but I don't think it gats made, the hep thing may well kill it...

Comment

Working...
                      X