Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here loses weight easily when in training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here loses weight easily when in training?

I do, I was surprised how much weight I lost training for my 1st fight. And I didn't even have a good diet. I ate junk foods while training altho I did cut down a little bit. I was 135 lbs on the weigh in for a 140 pound fight lol, wasn't dehydrated or anything I even ate a meal 2 hours before weighing in.

Before I started boxing my walk around weight was at 148-150. Now I walk around at 140 because I go to the gym 3/4 times a week. My coaches want me to fight at 132 lbs.(amateur) but after my first fight they we're like " You should go lower " lol. And I believe I easily can.

Now I understand how guys like Donaire, Rios, etc. make weight when they seem to be bigger than what they look like. People in my gym are surprised at how light I am they think I weigh more or that I lose weight very quick. I think if I was a pro I could fight at featherweight(126 lbs).
    Last edited by johncods; 12-20-2011, 04:16 AM.

I don't seem to have a great deal of control over my weight. I fought In a championship in October in the 66-70 kg category (weighed in at 69) and I thought I would never be able to get down to 67, which is my ideal weight (I've never lost a fight at 67 kg, but I have lost at 66, 68, and 69) but in my last one I weighed in on the night at 67.8 and the next day at training I was 67.5 and the last time I weighed myself I was 67 dead on, and I hadn't really bothered to watch my meal portion sizes.

Comment

I lose pretty fast when my full mental discipline is there.

Comment

I can gain and lose by proper diet and training quite well. Recently with all the added in ring training, heavy bag training and longer jogs, even though I am eating more and lifting heavier weights, I am leaning out.

Comment

If you are weighing in easily below your weight limit without even really trying to loose the weight, the you are fighting in too high a weight class. Just my imo

Comment

oh god.. I remember when I first entered in the gym.. I was so fat...around 198-200 lbs(I was 16)..and after half a year.. I was down to 171 lbs.. Now I'm gaining weight again.. I'm 185 lbs.. but not fat as I was before, gained a lot of muscle Eh, and I'm pretty small,, only 5'10''..With proper diet, you can lose weight.. but I would say it also depends on your height.. Let's say..it is pretty hard for a person 6'3'' to weight 154 lbs..another important factor is your age..as older you get, it gets harder to lose weight, cause of metabolism..but I assume you know this Good luck with your training !

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
              I do, I was surprised how much weight I lost training for my 1st fight. And I didn't even have a good diet. I ate junk foods while training altho I did cut down a little bit. I was 135 lbs on the weigh in for a 140 pound fight lol, wasn't dehydrated or anything I even ate a meal 2 hours before weighing in.

Before I started boxing my walk around weight was at 148-150. Now I walk around at 140 because I go to the gym 3/4 times a week. My coaches want me to fight at 132 lbs.(amateur) but after my first fight they we're like " You should go lower " lol. And I believe I easily can.

Now I understand how guys like Donaire, Rios, etc. make weight when they seem to be bigger than what they look like. People in my gym are surprised at how light I am they think I weigh more or that I lose weight very quick. I think if I was a pro I could fight at featherweight(126 lbs).
              I have a question, how old r u??

Comment

Working...
              X