Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranking the Great Heavyweights BY SKILL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though a different type of skill, for a different era of the sport, I think Jack Johnson has to be mentioned for his defensive skills and ability to catch punches.

I also think its interesting, though not really surprising, how many of the fighters listed above were not natural heavyweights. In fact many of them saw their best years at a lighter weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Which you clearly are.
      Oh look at that. How cute. You're back making more jokes nobody laughs at. It's cute how you keep trying. It's almost as if you're not actually trying to be funny with the poor jokes you make, but more a caricature of someone who makes bad jokes. A lampoon, of sorts.... kinda like the "dad-joke guy" we all know. The more groan-worthy the joke, the funnier the moment actually is.

So high-brow. And here we thought your presence here was worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
        Though a different type of skill, for a different era of the sport, I think Jack Johnson has to be mentioned for his defensive skills and ability to catch punches.

I also think its interesting, though not really surprising, how many of the fighters listed above were not natural heavyweights. In fact many of them saw their best years at a lighter weight.
        Johnson is terrible. Really. Check out the film. It's hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Offic.Scorecard View Post
          Tyson
          Charles
          Walcott
          Patterson
          Headbuttyfield

PS: I haven't studied in details many old timers yet, but this is the list I'd give you at this point.
          Patterson and Holyfield are great mentions. Charles and Walcott are not.

Charles skills began to atrophy. While he was a complete and versatile fighter, I wouldn't call him the most skilled.

Walcott was unorthodox and akward. I dunno how he qualifies as skilled. I wouldn't teach anyone to fight that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Joe Louis is the best heavyweight fighter to ever put on gloves.

Argue if you want

If i wanted to make a flame-worthy post, that would be the kinda post I would make.

I will say that offensively he's one of the best to ever do it. At any weight. Be he was also a bit robotic and predictable. it worked for him, but he was pretty much limited to his offensive ability. If he weren't so potent a puncher, I doubt he'd be considered w/ guys like Tunney, Tyson, Holyfield, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
              Oh look at that. How cute. You're back making more jokes nobody laughs at. It's cute how you keep trying. It's almost as if you're not actually trying to be funny with the poor jokes you make, but more a caricature of someone who makes bad jokes. A lampoon, of sorts.... kinda like the "dad-joke guy" we all know. The more groan-worthy the joke, the funnier the moment actually is.

So high-brow. And here we thought your presence here was worthless.
              Yet someone laughed at it, so you're wrong. Posts like that are far more laughable than anything even the best comedians can come up with, let alone myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                Patterson and Holyfield are great mentions. Charles and Walcott are not.

Charles skills began to atrophy. While he was a complete and versatile fighter, I wouldn't call him the most skilled.

Walcott was unorthodox and akward. I dunno how he qualifies as skilled. I wouldn't teach anyone to fight that way.
                I don't know, I liked them a lot. I forgot to add Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Yet someone laughed at it, so you're wrong. Posts like that are far more laughable than anything even the best comedians can come up with, let alone myself.
                  And I bet your mom thinks you're really cool.

So there's two people you got rolling with you. Your mom, and Safe Space.

Who would win in a fight, your mom or Safe Space? That kid cries over split milk. I really wonder what he's doing here.

Comment

Has no one said Ken Norton?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      who were the most skilled heavies of all time.

Archie Moore
                      Ezzard Charles
                      Joe Walcott
                      Joe Louis
                      George Foreman?
                      Ali...................................

Comment

Working...
                      X