No announcement yet.

Anyone misses Bert Sugar (RIP)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    That must’ve been the most casual punditry I’ve ever seen.😂😂 I actually like Jalen when it comes to NBA analysts but they should never ask him about boxing again...
    Yeah completely agree...always liked him...but yeah was one I'm sure he would like to get back...I mean I don't even know how you can go there and say that if you are familiar at all with the sport.

Maybe Jalen is where aboutfkntime gets his boxing info from or something

Comment

Originally posted by Jalen Rose View Post
      Yeah completely agree...always liked him...but yeah was one I'm sure he would like to get back...I mean I don't even know how you can go there and say that if you are familiar at all with the sport.

Maybe Jalen is where aboutfkntime gets his boxing info from or something
      Haha it’s probably Jalen’s burner account

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

Boxing is a fringe sport, and has been for some time. It used to be very popular in the United States. Nowadays there aren’t too many people that were old enough when boxing was still popular to care about the sport to a big degree. I can’t say I miss Bert, but I appreciated him. It’s entertaining to hear analysis of the greats. As someone mentioned before, these days you’ve got commentators that don’t know as much about the sport as they should. I know Teddy Atlas isn’t well liked by many fans, and I know he has his faults, but at least he obviously knows a great deal about boxing. You have to value that.
        - -Cost Moorer his title in a match Moorer was pitching a shutout by forcing Moorer to trade with George.

Dishonest when he said he was gonna expose Manny as a PED abuser in an email Loony Teddy claimed to have, yet nary a peep or a baaaa baaaa sheeple sound since then.

Never able to overturn his inferiority complex since Cus gave him his walking paper those many decades back, and now he's haunted by his mounting failures.

Comment

He was a corny mfer, but hard not to like.

Main guys I miss are Eddie Futch & Manny Steward. When Al Bernstein dies its gonna be like all the guys I liked who best represented boxing are now gone.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
            - -Cost Moorer his title in a match Moorer was pitching a shutout by forcing Moorer to trade with George.

Dishonest when he said he was gonna expose Manny as a PED abuser in an email Loony Teddy claimed to have, yet nary a peep or a baaaa baaaa sheeple sound since then.

Never able to overturn his inferiority complex since Cus gave him his walking paper those many decades back, and now he's haunted by his mounting failures.
            Wow. Lol I can’t disagree with these statements, but I still prefer listening to Teddy (most of the time) over many other commentators. Hardly anyone seems to know anything about boxing, or at least they can’t articulate their knowledge. One of the few other guys that knows what he’s talking about is Paulie Malignaggi. But neither of these men are really into the history aspect. Sugar was almost unique in that respect. As I recall, Howard Cosell was pretty good with the history. You just don’t seem to get that anymore. And in all fairness, I’m not sure too many of today’s fans care.

Comment

Working...
            X