No announcement yet.

Faster Hands - Tyson or Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster Hands - Tyson or Ali

I think it's widely recognized that Floyd Patterson had the fastest hands at heavyweight. Two and three (at least to me, would be Tyson and Ali) of the two, who do you think has the faster hands?

Any insight would be welcome.
    Tyson
    24.00%
    Ali
    76.00%

I'd say tyson...if he threw lighter shots like Jabs more often it would be easier to tell..but the fact he throws Power (tense punches) with such speed...i'd say he has the fastest heavyweight hands ever and he turns into everything...Prime obviously

Comment

If you are just going by hand speed alone it's probably Ali or prime Holmes.

Overall speed would be Tyson, Ali was gracefull but Tyson was just fast at doing everything.

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoyT View Post
        I'd say tyson...if he threw lighter shots like Jabs more often it would be easier to tell..but the fact he throws Power (tense punches) with such speed...i'd say he has the fastest heavyweight hands ever and he turns into everything...Prime obviously

0035-0038, those shots dont look "light" to me.
        when did tyson ever hit a fighter of listons caliber with such a combo?
        tyson wasnt faster than ali, he hit harder, but his speed & timing werent on alis lvl.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post

0035-0038, those shots dont look "light" to me.
          when did tyson ever hit a fighter of listons caliber with such a combo?
          tyson wasnt faster than ali, he hit harder, but his speed & timing werent on alis lvl.
          True i should have put more thought into my answer

Comment

No, Ali has the fastest hand speed at Heavyweight. In fact, he had the second-fastest P4P hand-speed, second only to Roy Jones, Jr.

Comment

I know that prime Tyson was fast, but Ali was faster, Tyson might look faster some times but its like looking at the this tall guy skating or running he does look to be slower compare to do the short guy. Mario Lemieux was a fast skater, Paul Coffey whos one of fastest defensmen ever, said:Lemieux is so fast that its hard for me to follow him... watch Lemieux skate "even if you dont like Hockey" and you will never guess that hes a very fast skater.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGod View Post
                No, Ali has the fastest hand speed at Heavyweight. In fact, he had the second-fastest P4P hand-speed, second only to Roy Jones, Jr.
                i wouldn't say second fastest p4p....

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoyT View Post
                  i wouldn't say second fastest p4p....
                  Who would you call faster than him (besides arguably Roy Jones)?

A lot of people might be close in terms of hand speed, making the choice of Ali as #2 subjective and personal to me only, but I don't think that it's a strictly wrong position to put Ali in.

Comment

Prime for prime ALI. But Tyson's handspeed was much better than Ali from the 70es.

Comment

Working...
                    X