No announcement yet.

GEAR: Title Equipment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEAR: Title Equipment

I'm a beginning amateur boxer. I have been using the gloves and other equipment that my gym already has. I was thinking about investing in my own gloves, headgear, etc.

Anyone buy Title or know anything about it?
    Any suggestions on any online stores?

Ringside.com man. I suggest purchasing the IMF tech lace up training gloves and the MHG mexican style headgear. I've been extremely satisfied with both items.

http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL.ASPX?ID=25150 Training Gloves
    http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25829 Mexican Headgear

Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks Migs!

The funny thing is that both of those items are back ordered.
      What sizes did you go with on each of those?

Comment

I used a large headgear and I think the gloves were a large too. You can always call them too and they should be able to give a good idea of what sizes you'll need.

Comment

Ill be honest with you, In boxing 99% of the time the more you pay the better quality and life youll get! Ill start out from top to bottom.
          Headgear- winning, grant, reyes all these three companies charge around 100 and up for their headgear and think about it man, Its your HEAD you only get one, why go cheap and pay for it in the long run by your braincells?
          mouthpiece- you probley already have one but if you dont just get a brain pad double.
          gloves- Once again your probebley more likley to get hurt or be less comfy if its a cheap glove, grant,winning,reyes, everlast, rival and ringside are great gloves but I wouldnt suggest title gloves due to them not lasting long with anyone ive met including myself.
          cup-any

Comment

what size for the training gloves?
            I was going to go with 18oz....

Comment

Originally posted by VBoxer View Post
              what size for the training gloves?
              I was going to go with 18oz....
              woah thats a little too much! most gyms sparring glove size require them to be 14-16oz

Comment

see i thought that was right....

my trainer told me the other day I should be using 18oz and nothing lower. I dont get it...

I really want to get 16oz

Comment

Originally posted by VBoxer View Post
                  see i thought that was right....

my trainer told me the other day I should be using 18oz and nothing lower. I dont get it...

I really want to get 16oz
                  well if its the gyms policy then i guess your forced to go 18oz. I think 16oz is perfect because its good protection and its only a pound in weight.

Comment

what size gloves do you use in an amateur bout then?

Comment

Working...
                    X