No announcement yet.

GGG can give Ward a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Ward's inside game beats Golovkin but if a ref (e.g. Pabon) takes that inside game away then all bets are off.
    Ward would be getting off first, then getting away. All night.

I guarantee it.

Comment

ward and it won't be close

Comment

Ward stops him, people have a tendency of underrating how hard disciplined fighter hits. He'd break him down and stop him in the mid-late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Ward would be getting off first, then getting away. All night.

I guarantee it.
          There's nowhere to get away to, if you noticed Golovkin is expert at cutting off the ring. As Ward pointed out himself, GG's footwork is exceptional.

Ward also tires late in fights so even if running worked in the first half of the fight (doubtful imo), he would be caught in the last 3-4 rounds (even Froch and Abraham were getting him then).

Don't get me wrong I'd still pick Ward based on his size and offensive inside game, but as a pure outside boxer I think Golovkin is the more skilled.

Comment

GGG Via TKO

Comment

I cant pick anyone at or around Ward's weight class to beat him

Comment

There's nowhere to get away to, if you noticed Golovkin is expert at cutting off the ring. As Ward pointed out himself, GG's footwork is exceptional.
                Ward has exceptional footwork too, which is faster. He is also the stronger man.

He can force his way out, and that's the problem with this matchup. Ward is slippery even when you are stronger or bigger than him, but Golovkin wouldn't have that advantage.

Ward also tires late in fights so even if running worked in the first half of the fight (doubtful imo), he would be caught in the last 3-4 rounds (even Froch and Abraham were getting him then).
                This is a valid point, but 'even' Froch?

Abraham flat out barely showed up in the mid rounds. He had plenty left in the tank and he still couldn't take a round.

Don't get me wrong I'd still pick Ward based on his size and offensive inside game, but as a pure outside boxer I think Golovkin is the more skilled.
                He's going to have to prove that against much better opposition to convince me (provided he gets the chance, granted it's not his fault that he hasn't made a big step-up in competition). A faded Ouma gave him plenty of trouble until he caught up.

Comment

I wouldn't call his footwork 'exceptional' as he is untested. Cutting off the ring against your average fighter is one thing, cutting off the ring against an intelligent fighter is a completely different beast as they would be setting traps for him.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
                    Yes or no? I think he gives Ward the fight of his life Ward even seemed to speak highly of him during the broadcast.

Comment

Abraham flat out pissed me off when he fought Ward.

he was doing good in the first couple of rounds, with quick straight punches.

Then he turned into the walking heavy bag again and that was it.

Comment

Working...
                      X