Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a fighter have been knocked down at least 12+ times during his career. Chin rating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a fighter have been knocked down at least 12+ times during his career. Chin rating

If a fighter have been knocked down at least 12 times during his career.

What is his chin ratings?
    Horrible
    72.73%
    Average
    27.27%

Chin rating: Glass

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572422

Comment

Marquez has been down 10 or 11 times if I remember correctly and he doesn't have a glass chin

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Marquez has been down 10 or 11 times if I remember correctly and he doesn't have a glass chin
          yes you're right, there's always exceptions, for instance Khan and Kirkland are glass chinned, but Marquez is not.

Comment

I don't think you can accurately rate a chin that way. Some fighters fight big punchers all the time while other fighters avoid big punchers.Some fighters can be knocked down easily but jump up quickly and recover quickly. They are not even close to being knocked out. Other fighters can be hurt and recover very slowly or don't recover at all. They may not even go down but they are out on their feet. Trinidad was often knocked down but he was almost always up without a count and right back on the attack. He was stopped only once in a career of fighting the best punchers around and he was on his feet when his father stopped the fight. Trinidad had a very good chin even though he was probably knocked down 12 times in his career. Khan has only been knocked down a few times but both times he was knocked down he never recovered and was KOed. I did not vote because I don't think it is an accurate way to measure a fighter's chin.I think Ray Robinson was knocked down about 11 times in his career and he was known to have a very good chin but he fought often against big punchers.

Comment

Is the thread starter Thomas Hauser posting as an alt?

Comment

Working...
              X