Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Degale should never fight in britain again!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British fight fans aren't against arrogance per se, you just have to back it up. Take Naz and Haye for example. Both are arrogant, but both have backed it up too and are firm favourites with the British fans. DeGale was mouthy without beating anyone of note and the time he steps up he reveals himself to be nothing special at all.

Comment

well of course his arrogance is going to turn fans against him, people forget that Froch wasn't liked much either by many before this Super 6 Started, probably because of the trash talking about Calzaghe

plus he is VERY Arrogant as well according to some, he seems like a guy that speaks his mind and does KISS A$$, I guess some people wanted him to PRAISE Joe and he didn't

I do think DeGale could go to the US and be a bigger star their then he can in the UK, seems like he has build up a lot of HATE their and him losing they might try to BURY the guy

even the Sky announcers was OPENLY going for Groves and almost didn't give DeGale ANY CREDIT what so ever
      Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 05-21-2011, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Khan is hated - cocky
        Haye is hated - ****
        DeGale is hated - cocky
        Hamed is hated - cocky
        Groves is liked - modest
        Hatton is liked - modest

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
          They don't follow him as much as they followed Hatton though!! .. and two of Haye's biggest fights in his career WERE ABROAD and the following wasn't that massive.
          I'd say Nigel Benn is a top favourite of any British fight fan and had a huge loyal following. And he's twice as black as David Gaye.

Comment

I agree that he's not treated well by the fans, it's got nothing to do with race though. Khan, Hatton and Haye prove that race isn't important.

Amir Khan is also an arrogant b@stard like DeGale, but unlike DeGale he didn't bring home the gold. Despite that, Khan has a pretty strong fan-base while DeGale doesn't...strange. All DeGale has to do is get himself a better trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
              ts is a **** and talking ****
              Feck off you emotional PR/CK!!..i'm just pointing out the facts, Dirrell got robbed and the olympic gold medalist (and better prospect than Groves) got robbed too!!, if they were fair they would have just scored it a draw and be done with it, but to derail the lad's career like that was fecking madness!!.
              Last edited by Silky-Flow; 05-21-2011, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Yep and no one liked Froch either when he talked **** about Calzaghe without doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                  Khan is hated - cocky
                  Haye is hated - ****
                  DeGale is hated - cocky
                  Hamed is hated - cocky
                  Groves is liked - modest
                  Hatton is liked - modest
                  Hatton has a bigger ego than near anyone else you named. And Groves is no shrinking violet himself, although he has a lot more style than DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                    I'd agree but only because he'd get a following in America. They seem to revere ****s over there the way we revere warriors over here.
                    Yeah, but you're an idiot who's never boxed (I can tell by your awful posts on the sport that the only thing you've ever done with your 'south paw' is wank with it), so you don't understand what I'm talking about when I refer to the gulf in standards between coaching/preparation in the US and the UK.

I mean, Groves himself worked in the US for part of his prep for this fight, to his benefit.

Comment

James has made a mockery of himself to be honest. Not impressed at all after all the 'big talk' by him. Groves was just better than him, no excuses.

James, YOU are living in the shadow of George Groves..

Comment

Working...
                      X