No announcement yet.

Greatest feinters of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest feinters of all time?

Roy Jones was one of the greatest feinters I've witnessed. Could easily throw his opponents off with a feint and end up knocking his opponents out. With Roy you didn't know where the next shot was coming from, he'd feint then BAM (with his speed, also, it was devastating). Amazing stuff really.

Who else have we got?

Hopkins....

Comment

If you look at any top rate boxer in a historical context, they are always feinting. their movement is designed to produce reactions from opponets from shots that arent coming, or to create an opportunity where an opponent won't react to a shot that is actually thrown

roy jones is a great example because of his reliance on his reflexes.
      a dramatic feint (coming from a guy who could knock you out with either hand from across the ring) worked better for roy than any man i can remember recently

most historically great boxers have gone about it with more subtlety
      they tell lies and set traps. when they present anything, it's done with intent
      much of a high level boxing match is fought many steps ahead

some contemporary fighters that jumped out at me immediately were juan manuel marquez, floyd mayweather, sergio martinez, bernard hopkins, vitali klitschko.

some historic "feinters:"
      joe louis
      ray robinson
      willie pep
      benny leonard
      beau jack

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        Hopkins....

his rematch with roy should have been billed "Feintfest"

Comment

Erik Morales

Comment

Wilfred Benitez was an absolute star in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              If you look at any top rate boxer in a historical context, they are always feinting. their movement is designed to produce reactions from opponets from shots that arent coming, or to create an opportunity where an opponent won't react to a shot that is actually thrown

roy jones is a great example because of his reliance on his reflexes.
              a dramatic feint (coming from a guy who could knock you out with either hand from across the ring) worked better for roy than any man i can remember recently

most historically great boxers have gone about it with more subtlety
              they tell lies and set traps. when they present anything, it's done with intent
              much of a high level boxing match is fought many steps ahead

some contemporary fighters that jumped out at me immediately were juan manuel marquez, floyd mayweather, sergio martinez, bernard hopkins, vitali klitschko.

some historic "feinters:"
              joe louis
              ray robinson
              willie pep
              benny leonard
              beau jack
              Absolutely. I think many often forget about how vital 'feinting' can be. Most top tear fighters are superb at throwing you off, and making other fighters play the 'guessing game'. I find it quite fascinating actually - boxers often master feints to throw a certain shot, or create an opportunity for themselves.

If you have the speed, the whole 'feinting becomes even more effective, hence why Roy was so lethal. I believe fighters with speed employ more feints into their game.

Great Feinting + Speed + Power = Dangerous combination.

As of today, David Haye feints a lot, and can catch his opponents off guard using them.

Roberto Duran was another great feinter.

Comment

Roberto Duran
                Charley Burley
                Joe Louis

Comment

Jersey Joe Walcott

Comment

Walcott,Benitez and Burley were the first 3 that sprung too mind

Comment

Working...
                    X