Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this legit or a sexual extortion scam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
    Alright thanks gents. I'd already texted back a scathing message to this character that'd involve my attorney for any ongoing communications he'd like to have. Figured it was bull**** but I guess we'll see how this plays out.
    Back when I was in college I used to sell **** at Craigslist like Nintendo Wii PS3 I would wait in line and resell it for a few hundred bucks profit. You wouldn’t believe the amount of scams I got on email/phone number.

Like I said I would just mess back with them. Prentending they’re about to get me. I just keep stringing them along and just watch them lose it

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
      Give your boy Deezy 5 grand and I'll make all this **** go away.. It's what I do, bruv.

Comment

Or he could call the private investigator's office too, since it's a legit agency and also see if they know anything about this. Contacting a lawyer is a good precaution though too.

Comment

Soo yeah I'm not exactly elated about sharing this on boxingscene but hard times calls for desperate measures. Lemme cut to the chase. I'm 23 and met another 22 year old girl on a fringe dating app called Jaumo. One thing leads to another and she gives me her number to text. We go right into the sexting, exchanging a few nudes and all. The next few days she randomly texts me asking about if we are still (said I'd take her to a movie) going to a movie Saturday and asking for personal info and social media accounts. She, conveniently, had recently deleted ALL social media accounts because of a stalker bf, mind you. So the whole thing sounded fishy no pun intended. I never intended on taking her out Saturday and I thought everything was fine considering she never followed up with a "thought we're hanging out tonight".

Fast forward 3 days later and I get a text from her phone saying "call her asap". I don't call. Then I get 3 missed calls and a text from a different number saying
          "Sir my name is John DeGratti and I'm a private investigator with Tracker Investigations and we've been retained to oversee an extremely serious situation involving allegations of inappropriate behavior with a minor. I need you to contact me back as soon as you receive this message in the event that you do not contact me back I will have no other option other than to forward all evidence to law enforcement, Child Protective Services, and your college and a criminal investigation will begin. Again it is in your best interest to contact me back immediately sir."
          So I call him. I mean I am FREAKING out. He purports this story to me of this "girl" I was sexting had lied about her age, a younger sibling read the sexts somehow, there was an altercation between them and now I am being asked to comply with paying a $1300 co-pay for a broken wrist and another $1000 for counseling so the situation can be "resolved". "Resolved" meaning pay (x) amount of money and the father won't press charges.
          After a few hours ruminating over this hellish facade I'm beginning to think this is just a sick duplicitous scam operation. Am I right? My situation is almost verbatim to what's apparently plaguing the internet. Take a look at the very similar and recent archived stories here http://www.thedailyscam.com/plenty-o...nty-of-sharks/
          The thing that is freaking me out is the PI firm. It's called "Tracker Investigations" and is a legit private investigative firm in my town. Can disgusting vile scammers use legit PI firms as a cut out to substantiate them as being aggrieved? I don't know whether to think this is all legit (and should call my lawyer), a scam where the adept lowlife masked his phone # once to appear as Tracker Investigations # or a knowing (or unknowing) accessory to the extortion as he's acting as a middle man.
          Tell them to **** off. You are under no obligation to call or deal with private investigators. Butter yet, take a buddy with you, show up at their office and ask for that PI by name. Chances are he doesn’t know anything about this serious matter.

Comment

Soo yeah I'm not exactly elated about sharing this on boxingscene but hard times calls for desperate measures. Lemme cut to the chase. I'm 23 and met another 22 year old girl on a fringe dating app called Jaumo. One thing leads to another and she gives me her number to text. We go right into the sexting, exchanging a few nudes and all. The next few days she randomly texts me asking about if we are still (said I'd take her to a movie) going to a movie Saturday and asking for personal info and social media accounts. She, conveniently, had recently deleted ALL social media accounts because of a stalker bf, mind you. So the whole thing sounded fishy no pun intended. I never intended on taking her out Saturday and I thought everything was fine considering she never followed up with a "thought we're hanging out tonight".

Fast forward 3 days later and I get a text from her phone saying "call her asap". I don't call. Then I get 3 missed calls and a text from a different number saying
            "Sir my name is John DeGratti and I'm a private investigator with Tracker Investigations and we've been retained to oversee an extremely serious situation involving allegations of inappropriate behavior with a minor. I need you to contact me back as soon as you receive this message in the event that you do not contact me back I will have no other option other than to forward all evidence to law enforcement, Child Protective Services, and your college and a criminal investigation will begin. Again it is in your best interest to contact me back immediately sir."
            So I call him. I mean I am FREAKING out. He purports this story to me of this "girl" I was sexting had lied about her age, a younger sibling read the sexts somehow, there was an altercation between them and now I am being asked to comply with paying a $1300 co-pay for a broken wrist and another $1000 for counseling so the situation can be "resolved". "Resolved" meaning pay (x) amount of money and the father won't press charges.
            After a few hours ruminating over this hellish facade I'm beginning to think this is just a sick duplicitous scam operation. Am I right? My situation is almost verbatim to what's apparently plaguing the internet. Take a look at the very similar and recent archived stories here http://www.thedailyscam.com/plenty-o...nty-of-sharks/
            The thing that is freaking me out is the PI firm. It's called "Tracker Investigations" and is a legit private investigative firm in my town. Can disgusting vile scammers use legit PI firms as a cut out to substantiate them as being aggrieved? I don't know whether to think this is all legit (and should call my lawyer), a scam where the adept lowlife masked his phone # once to appear as Tracker Investigations # or a knowing (or unknowing) accessory to the extortion as he's acting as a middle man.
            First of all, you should probably have a good gauge of where your standing is in your world. Young guy, about the age of getting done with school, still likely in a spot where the opinions of family/friends still weighs on you, etc.

Assuming we have full disclosure here, would going to the authorities and telling them what happened (new app, talked to a girl who says she's 22, shared images as an adult to another adult, something happened on the girl's end that you weren't a part of, etc) be an option?

If it is, tell the PI to kick rocks; you did nothing criminal or knowingly wrong, so there's really no jeopardy for you to worry about (and if college scholarships really were swayed by sexting adults, a lot more folks would be screwed, lol).

If it going to the authorities isn't an option my suggestion would be to do some due diligence on the actual organization. Check with Better Business Bureau, check with Consumer Reports, and make sure that 1) the organization is legit and 2) John Degratti actually works for the company he says he works for.

If all that checks out, I'd head to the company website, and look up the number for the main company line. Rout through the official contact point, and work your way through the official system to the guy mentioned and see if the story holds up.

Ditch whatever number that suggested you potentially open yourself up to a criminal charge (paying nearly $2500 to cover an battery of an individual that requires actual hospital care would seem to be something you'd get a police report for).

Paying out that kind of money to NOT put something on record is almost always a mistake; the "father" could get this payday, go away for a little bit, and then now come at you for payment to get rid of the dick pics that you sent (since he'd now know that you're willing to part with significant amounts of money to try and keep something quiet).

Comment

Not shocked because you are a Trump supporter but ignore that ****. It's a scam.

Comment

Let them know that you lied about your age and are in fact underage so they now possess child ****, but let them know for the easy price of $2k this can all go away.

Comment

Text him some more noodes.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
                    Let them know that you lied about your age and are in fact underage so they now possess child ****, but let them know for the easy price of $2k this can all go away.
                    That's hilarious!!!

Seriously, hes not in any trouble.

If you watch those To Catch A Predator shows you'll see the it's not a crime unless the suspect knew the kid was underage.

Thats why the cops doing those stings always point out their young ages right off the bat when the conversation first starts off.

That, and what happened here is blackmail anyway.

Comment

Fuk that’s to long of a post to read but by saying that then the situation must be legit. No worries brotha.

Comment

Working...
                      X