Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PACQUIAO Must Win By Knockout ... NOTHING LESS.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PACQUIAO Must Win By Knockout ... NOTHING LESS.

Only a KO Win By Pacquiao Over Mosley Could Appease Angry Critics And Fans
    By
    Leo Reyes
    (Featured Columnist) on December 31, 2010

184 reads

ARLINGTON, TX - NOVEMBER 13:

Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao must win via stoppage over Shane Mosley when they face each other on May 7at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada in order to calm down the restive and angry boxing fans who continue to oppose the choice of Mosley as Pacquiao's next opponent.

Boxing fans from around the world have been criticizing Manny Pacquiao for allowing his promoter Bob Arum to pick on Mosley despite the opposition by a great majority of boxing fans.

Boxing critics and fans alike said Mosley who is turning 40 on his next birthday is an aging and a shut fighter while Pacquiao who just turned 32 last December 17 is in his prime.

Mosley has failed to convince boxing fans he is still a fighter to reckon with after a lousy performance during his last two recent fights.

Mosley fought Floyd Mayweather Jr in May and lost via a unanimous decision although he stunned the undefeated boxer with power shots in the second round.

Mosley buckled Mayweather's knees with powerful rights, and pinned him to the ropes with a series of body blows. Mayweather appeared to be in trouble for the first time in his career, but stayed on his feet and dominated from round three until the end of the fight.

Mayweather received $22.5 million guaranteed purse for the fight while Mosley got $6.7 million.

Later in the year, Mosley fought Sergio Mora to a draw. The fight which took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles California was considered as one of the most boring fights to watch in recent years.

The fight was very difficult to score. Mosley was the aggressor from the beginning, but had a difficult time landing clean punches because Mora is a standout defensive fighter. The former 154-pound titleholder consistently danced out of harm's way or tied up Mosley when he got inside.

Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer, says Mosley is definitely not an easy opponent, citing his record of victories over de La Hoya in 2000 and 2003.

“People keep saying this is going to be easy, but it’s going to be tough, especially in the first four rounds,” said Roach, rating Mosley over Juan Manuel Marquez and Andre Berto, who were also considered as opponents for Pacquiao.

Paquiao's promoter Bob Arum echoes Roach's assessment adding "Mosley is very dangerous, he’s a very slick fighter, very experienced,"

Still, a good number of boxing fans and critics as well, differ in their assessment, saying the fight is clearly a mismatch.

Barely a week after the fight announcement, Pacquiao has reportedly emerged as 8-1 favorite in most odds makers preview.

In order to appease boxing fans who continue to oppose and resent Arum's choice of Mosley as Pacquiao's next opponent, the world's most popular boxer is now under extreme pressure to win over Mosley via KO, no less.

Would a KO win by Pacquiao over Mosley appease angry critics and fans on the wrong choice of Mosley as Pacquiao's next opponent?
    Yes No Not sure/Don't know Submit Vote vote to see results

Would a KO win by Pacquiao over Mosley appease angry critics and fans on the wrong choice of Mosley as Pacquiao's next opponent?
    Yes
    35.3%
    No
    50.0%
    Not sure/Don't know
    14.7%
    Total votes: 34

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...itics-and-fans

No he doesnt have to ko SSM. Pac knocks just about everyone out, so he dont have to now. Floyd never knockes anyone out ever and he is no2 p4p still.

Pac stopped DLH when FLoyd only split decisioned him. Pac could have unanimous decisioned DLH and that would have been better than Floyds win. But he is usually a over achiever. So why does Pac have to Ko SSM? He dont have to, but knowing Pac he just might do that.

Comment

Mayweather jr wasn't able to KO Shane Mosley; So if Pacman KO/TKO Mosley
      then, what will the fans of Mayweather jr say?

I think Pacman will simply used his SPEED, to file up points to win by UD!
      That's fair enough.

Comment

This fight is garbage,there is nothing that Pacman can do in this fight to impress anyone,if he cares about boxing fans he'll rip up the contract & fight at the very least Berto!!What's impressive about beating a 40 year old who hasn't looked good in 2 fights & almost 3 years,nothing,that's what!!

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
          This fight is garbage,there is nothing that Pacman can do in this fight to impress anyone,if he cares about boxing fans he'll rip up the contract & fight at the very least Berto!!What's impressive about beating a 40 year old who hasn't looked good in 2 fights & almost 3 years,nothing,that's what!!
          cosizzle...............fuk this fight.

I won't watch it for free and I won't watch the free showing the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            cosizzle...............fuk this fight.

I won't watch it for free and I won't watch the free showing the following week.
            Ur resolve is sound,mine lacks,I have to watch the replay a week later for free,I can't help myself!

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              No he doesnt have to ko SSM. Pac knocks just about everyone out, so he dont have to now. Floyd never knockes anyone out ever and he is no2 p4p still.

Pac stopped DLH when FLoyd only split decisioned him. Pac could have unanimous decisioned DLH and that would have been better than Floyds win. But he is usually a over achiever. So why does Pac have to Ko SSM? He dont have to, but knowing Pac he just might do that.
              Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
              Mayweather jr wasn't able to KO Shane Mosley; So if Pacman KO/TKO Mosley
              then, what will the fans of Mayweather jr say?

I think Pacman will simply used his SPEED, to file up points to win by UD!
              That's fair enough.
              Look at the 'Tards, already trying to justify this fight by comparing it to PBF's fight, Mosley was old then and now how's even older, goood job guys.

Comment

Morales' job. And this was just one living legend. Shane's waiting.

Comment

Working...
                X