Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the past 10 years have The Eagles been the best team to not win a super bowl?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the past 10 years have The Eagles been the best team to not win a super bowl?

Just wondering, since they want to the playoffs alot the past 10 years. Probably the most out of all other teams. They just fail to get that super bowl win, which is ashame since I'm a philly fan
    Yes, good team but only great teams win The Super Bowl!
    60.00%
    Just Yes
    40.00%
    No
    0.00%

It's karma for booing Santa

Comment

Originally posted by LoftyDog View Post
      It's karma for booing Santa
      That happened back in the 70's or 60's didn't it? Karma should learn to be forgiven since most people around that time period are probably dead anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
        Just wondering, since they want to the playoffs alot the past 10 years. Probably the most out of all other teams. They just fail to get that super bowl win, which is ashame since I'm a philly fan
        5 NFC title appearances and a Superbowl loss under Andy Reid. I'd say yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
          5 NFC title appearances and a Superbowl loss under Andy Reid. I'd say yeah.
          Patriots should have all their super bowls revoked since they've been caught cheating. BTW, both teams looked like utter **** in that super bowl and I think Donovan Mcnabb choked since he puked all over the field.

Comment

Patriots should have all their super bowls revoked since they've been caught cheating. BTW, both teams looked like utter **** in that super bowl and I think Donovan Mcnabb choked since he puked all over the field.

Alright, let me school you on some ****, I watched the Eagles for the past ten years. It's all the idiots that say "der der der McNabb choked!!!!111" that piss me the **** off and make me absolutely own them.

This won't take long to read so READ IT! If you don't, don't bother replying.

*Not a SINGLE WR/TE/FB/RB aside from T.O had a good career prior to joining the Eagles nor after leaving the Eagles. McNabb threw to guys that didn't belong in the NFL but was able to take them to 5 NFC title games, that's ****en beastly right there.

*Aside from T.O and Baskett, EVERY single WR has been undersized.

*The last the the Eagles had a running game was with Staley, he was their last power back as well.

*Remember the undersized WR's and no running game? This is what the Eagles' offense was for pretty much McNabb's ENTIRE career:

It's 4th and 2 on the goal line, do you choose to pass to your 5'10 180lb receivers that can't create any separation in the end zone or do you choose to run it in with your 5'8 200 lb RB B-West? You can't do either, so just how exactly do you score?

Do you know what happens when you don't have a running game? The defense pressures the QB ALL THEY WANT, and it doesn't help when you're undersized WR's not only can't create any separation but they don't belong in the NFL.

Who did the defenses focus on shutting down? McNabb, an entire defense was out to stop him.

It doesn't help that Reid's play calling is predictable, don't just take my word for it though, go ahead and google "Keith Brooking McNabb" even he says the offense is predictable. And a Bengals CB said it in 2007.

Doesn't DEFENSE win championships? Oh wait, I got some stats for you:

Here are the combined stats from the Eagles' defense in 6 playoff games: 2001 title game, 2002 title game, 2003 Title game, Superbowl, 2008 Title game, 2009 Wildcard:

1,332 pass yards allowed, 777 rush yards allowed, 1 INTERCEPTION, and 7 Sacks, with 153 points allowed, 3 fumbles forced.

That's a little more than just 1 sack in 6 games, an average of 122 Rush yards per game

Running game you ask?

Why here you go

Stats from those 6 games I posted earlier:

406 yards rushing over 6 games. 406/6=68 Yards per game

& JUST 2 touch downs in 6 games.

It's the Eagles vs Patriots, McNabb drives the team down the field going 8/10 and a TD! Patriots, turn, oh Patriots score! "Der der der!!11 McNabb gave up that TD to the Patriots!"

Give McNabb in his prime a legit running game, a #1 WR/TE and I guarantee you he wins at least 3 superbowls. He was AMAZING in his prime, his scrambling was legendary, and his arm was crazy.

Who Necks!!?!

Comment

Donovan Mcnabb posts on boxingscene pretending to be a 19 year old from San Antonio Texas. Who knew?

Comment

Donovan Mcnabb posts on boxingscene pretending to be a 19 year old from San Antonio Texas. Who knew?
                Son, you're just mad cause you got owned lol. Stick to the topic nub.

Just thought I'd pass down some of my wisdom I've gained over these 19 years, it feels good educating people about facts, ya know?

Comment

Yes and it ****ing blows !

Comment

Yea they were always in the playoffs but never won the big one. Kind of like the redsox over those 86 years

Comment

Working...
                    X