Today was a GOOD DAY!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was a GOOD DAY!!

Greeting to all,

Something happened to me a work today that was so amazing and unexpected, that I just had to share it with you.

I'm a CPA currently employed with the government working as an auditor. The bulk of my work deals with auditing various companies or contractors who are awarded contracts with the government to perform services or manufacture products. Well, about two weeks ago, I'm performed an audit at a contractors' business and discovered some fraudulent practices. I pulled a statistical sample of account balances from the contractor's General Ledger to trace back to the source documents. While looking at some invoices from a particular account, I noticed several large dollar invoices for consulting services that had the same signature, but were different from the signatures from rest of the invoices. So, I traced those invoices back to their respective purchase orders and noticed those purchase orders had the same signature as well. The invoices were from the same company so, I researched the company to determine if it was legit. It turned out that the company did not exist. I then passed on the information to our Fraud Investigation Division. Well, two weeks went by and I hadn't heard a thing. Well, today I get a call from the lead investigator informing me that the contractor had defrauded the government out of 2.5 million dollars. He then tells me that because I uncovered the fraud, I get 10%. That equates to 250K all tax free. I was like Holy ****!!!

Originally posted by Merovingian
    Greeting to all,

Something happened to me a work today that was so amazing and unexpected, that I just had to share it with you.

I'm a CPA currently employed with the government working as an auditor. The bulk of my work deals with auditing various companies or contractors who are awarded contracts with the government to perform services or manufacture products. Well, about two weeks ago, I'm performed an audit at a contractors' business and discovered some fraudulent practices. I pulled a statistical sample of account balances from the contractor's General Ledger to trace back to the source documents. While looking at some invoices from a particular account, I noticed several large dollar invoices for consulting services that had the same signature, but were different from the signatures from rest of the invoices. So, I traced those invoices back to their respective purchase orders and noticed those purchase orders had the same signature as well. The invoices were from the same company so, I researched the company to determine if it was legit. It turned out that the company did not exist. I then passed on the information to our Fraud Investigation Division. Well, two weeks went by and I hadn't heard a thing. Well, today I get a call from the lead investigator informing me that the contractor had defrauded the government out of 2.5 million dollars. He then tells me that because I uncovered the fraud, I get 10%. That equates to 250K all tax free. I was like Holy ****!!!
    Cingratulations, nice early christmass present, and well deserved too.

Comment

**** id be in vegas blowin that **** by now

Comment

Greeting to all,

Very nice!

Comment

Congrats on a job well done

Comment

yeah hell.congrads. damn now i wanna snitch on ppl now(i know its your job) i wonder what can i do to get huge money

Comment

250K!!! Damn!!!

Comment

Holy smokes, you getting some mega cash, and just for doing your job. Enjoy.

Comment

Greeting to all,

.....What exactly will my cut be? You better hope those guys don't come looking for you over that. Obviously they are going to know that it was you that got em pinched.

Comment

woah! save it!

Comment

Working...
                    X