Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How powerful was lennox lewis right hand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How powerful was lennox lewis right hand?

Was it up there as a top 10 heavyweight punch?

Allot of pundits say it was the equalizer. I would say that also, anyone he touched with it would go away or they would not engage and be weary of the right hand. Allot of people proclaim Lennox's Jab to be one of the best in heavyweight history, so good in fact the boxers he fought would be so concerned with the left hand they would forget is was just a ploy to set up the right.

I've watched Lewis's entire career, and his pairing with Steward brought out the best in him. His "killer instinct" in the ring was great also. Even though he has loses all of his loses when avenged by KO or one sided drubbing (in the case of Evander Holyfield though the second bout was closer)

When hurt he could fire it off, and if it landed, the fight was over. If Ernie Shavers was the hardest hitting HW being a 10 lennox's right hand would be an 9 imo coupled with a jab that was a 8 (if Ali's was 10) that's a very decisive and destructive pairing.

Side note: Lennox Lewis hand a devastating inside right Uppercut. At times would catapult his opponents head into the air because of the sheer power and leverage he could gain in such a short range of motion.

Yes top 10 I would go as far as top 3 or 4.
    Last edited by Dudley; 10-20-2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

powerful enough to kill a rhino

Comment

Powerful... Stewart says that wlads hits harder then Lewis though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
          probably best to get his opinion when Wlad has retired and is no longer Stewards main source of income, i feel

Comment

I would say that's debatable.

Compare level of competition, if they where to trade records, I doubt Wlad would still be fighting. Lewis on the other hand would look like a god going undefeated.

Comment

I believe that Emanuel is far more knowledgeable than the guys here.

I really doubt he would state something just to keep his income - for sure it's not hard for him do gain money. Lennox was a hell of puncher but same as Emanuel I believe Wlad is a bigger puncher. Note that Emanuel knows these two fighters better than anybody else.

Comment

This is bull ^.

Steward is just hyping Wlad.

Oh, and Lewis' right hand is definitely top 10; probably top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  This is bull ^.

Steward is just hyping Wlad.
                  Why would he do that? Does Wlad needs to be hyped (is he a contender trying to get a championship fight) - what Emanuel gets with that? Is Emanuel sort of the person to lie about not just his favourite fighter but also his friend?

Makes zero sense to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    Why would he do that? Does Wlad needs to be hyped (is he a contender trying to get a championship fight) - what Emanuel gets with that? Is Emanuel sort of the person to lie about not just his favourite fighter but also his friend?

Makes zero sense to me...
                    Didn't he say this back in 2005?

I just don't see it, personally. Perhaps because Wlad so tentative/conservative in the ring...

Ask Hasim Rahman, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X