Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tszyu is in the HOF, why aren't these guys even considered???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    Margarito is never even sniffing the HOF because of the hand wraps thing. But, I just think those guys have at least as good of resume's as Tszyu, but Kostya got in easily. And now we have people on here saying Floyd never fought a HOF worthy fighter in their prime??? If Tszyu is a lock HOF fighter and he's already in, Castillo and Corrales should get in, and Hatton and Genaro should be considered at least.
    True.

I think Hatton is definitely going in the HOF. Does he deserve it? To me yea but I can understand why he wouldn't to some people. He only lost to the #1 P4P guy twice. He didn't lose to just anyone.

I would put Genaro in because he was a good boxer in his age. He lost to Floyd and DLH. Two great boxers.

Castillo and Corrales will get in based on their fight alone it seems lol. Just like Gatti and Ward maybe in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      Castillo and Corrales will get in based on their fight alone it seems lol. Just like Gatti and Ward maybe in the future.
      And why shouldn't they? Chico and JLC, they were both exciting champions with other legit wins besides that epic bout. I think it should be a mixture of things that get you into the HOF, not just strictly accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
        And why shouldn't they? Chico and JLC, they were both exciting champions with other legit wins besides that epic bout. I think it should be a mixture of things that get you into the HOF, not just strictly accomplishments.
        I agree it's a Hall of Fame not a Hall of Accomplishments.

Comment

Castillo is still active (Unfortunately)
          Hatton hasn't been retired 5 years

all those guys will get in the HOF eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            True.

I think Hatton is definitely going in the HOF. Does he deserve it? To me yea but I can understand why he wouldn't to some people. He only lost to the #1 P4P guy twice. He didn't lose to just anyone.

I would put Genaro in because he was a good boxer in his age. He lost to Floyd and DLH. Two great boxers.

When looking at some of the people that have gotten in, Braddock (basically an old version of what Mickey Ward was, a bum that got a big win over a good fighter), Barry McGuigan, Fritzie Zivic, and Brian Mitchell, I think we have to at the very least consider those guys.

I mean, Braddock was a bum his whole career and he upset Max Baer. In that case, Mickey Ward would deserve to be in. Ward was a bum forever until he upset Arturo Gatti. Mitchell was pretty dominant at 130 in the late 80's/early 90's, but his best wins were against Tony Lopez, Frankie Mitchell, Jim McDonnell, and Daniel Londas. How is his career better than Genaro Hernandez or any of those other guys??? And McGuigan was a good FW who won a title, but what are his best wins??? Pedroza, Taylor, and Cabrera.

If guys like Mitchell and McGuigan got into the HOF, and if Tszyu got in so easily, I definitely feel like Genaro, Corrales, Hatton, and Castillo should get in.

Comment

He had a ton of defenses, unified all the titles, was the linear champion and one of the best 140 champs ever (short list in a young division, I am aware).

What truly puts Kostya over the top is that he is one of the greatest amateur fighters ever. Kostya should be inducted based on his amateur career alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                I agree it's a Hall of Fame not a Hall of Accomplishments.
                I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  THats the downside of boxing's HOF

Many fighters get in through popularity and not merit. What other sport has that?

I remember reading an article that Vargas might make the HOF due to his exciting style and great fights.....VARGAS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    THats the downside of boxing's HOF

Many fighters get in through popularity and not merit. What other sport has that?

I remember reading an article that Vargas might make the HOF due to his exciting style and great fights.....VARGAS!!
                    Corrales and Castillo overall had much better careers than Vargas.

Corrales was a multi-weight champ, wins over Castillo, Casamayor, Manfredy, Brown, Garcia, Freitas

Castillo was Lineal LW champ with wins over Johnston, Corrales, Casamayor, Bazan, Julio, Laszcano

Vargas was the youngest 154 lb champ with wins over Quartey, Wright, Marquez, Campas

I don't see much of a contest really.

Comment

Corrales won 4 titles in 2 weight classes, had wins over Garcia, Freitas, Manfredy, Castillo, and Casamayor.

Castillo was a 2x LW champ and a lineal champ there, best LW if his era. Had wins over Johnston, Diaz, Corrales, and Lazcano.

Hatton won 3 titles in 2 weight classes, had wins over Tszyu himself, Lazcano, Collazo, Urango, and Malignaggi.

Even Genaro was a 2x SFW champ and a lineal champ there as well. Had wins over Londas, Paez, Perez, C. Hernandez, Nelson, and Gerena.

If Mcguigan and Mitchell got in, Genaro and Hatton should definitely get in. And if Tszyu got in with relative ease, so should Castillo and Corrales. Also, JLC should arguably have a win over Floyd Mayweather, I had him winning by a point in the first fight because of Floyd's point deduction.
                      Last edited by 4Corners; 03-22-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X