Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The [Margarito] insert was about the size of a business card. And about as stiff."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wait no his illegal hardened item was just the size of business card...it's okay.. lol.

I bet you it wasn't. It was a goddamn block look at Margaritos fight pre-getting caught and after it. He looks like a C- fighter who's exciting due to the style and heart of a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
      No concrete evidence was ever found.
      no-one ever suggested it was CONCRETE!

sorry, just being stupid, couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
        From what Capetillo had stated They brought used pre made knuckle pads from the gym. Meaning these pads were just old gauze and alot of times if you want to make the pad out of gauze to cover your entire knuckle area one way to do that is to cut out a piece of cardboard the same width as your knuckles and fold the gauze over that back and forth to make an even fit pad.

But you dont leave the cardboard in there you remove it when your done... I have stated before and I will say it now, I think this hand wrap issue got blown way out of hand, sure it was not clean or fresh gauze which is illegal but it doesnt mean he had this brick in his hand or plaster.

in fact Brother Nazim stated in interviews that when he saw it a "Block" fell out of the wrap... I would like to know what happend to that "Block" he claims fell out.

the knuckle pads were stiff and bendable according to CSAC, which tells me they were nothing more than old pre used pads in which the sweat dried out and made them stiff...
        I agree. However, in a Ring Magazine interview with Naazim, I remember that they brought up how the Margarito case was similar to Trinidad, in the sense that there was an issue with the wraps. I read the following in Ring Magazine (December 2009 issue, page 67):

The Ring: How was Trinidad different from Margarito's situation?

Naazim: "Trinidad was an abrasion against the rules. Margarito downright had a weapon. There is a difference when you say you're playing chess and have your men lined up differently, as opposed to having extra men on the board. Margarito tried to bring extra men. He had an actual square block of plaster in his knuckle pad. Margarito had a strip over the back of his hand, around his thumb and wrapped two or three times down to the wrist. They told me it was because of a previous injury was why they wrapped it that way. One look and you could tell it wasn't right."

Even on the spot, Naazim comes up with wonderful analogies. I think if you put Naazim Richardson and Teddy Atlas together they'd create beautiful boxing poetry.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
          Exactly its funny how these people just sit here and claim he had plaster when the friggen test results kind of shot that theory down especially when the DA decided not to go after a criminal case once those results did come back
          DA= District Attorney?
          Were they even involved?
          My understanding is that the Commission was the only one involved in the investigation. Please post a link that stated that the DA was involved.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
            It's old news that Margarito was suspended on a suspicion. No concrete evidence was ever found. I agree it was blown way out of proportion and injustice was done to a fighter.

Why would a fighter, or trainer even risk his own fighters hand with a plaster of paris which has the ability to cook ur fingers like a hot dog in boiling water.

Freddie Roach is forever on my **** list for this too. When Margarito was out looking for a new trainer, Freddie was trying to court him bad, saying he believed Margarito and what not. But as soon as he didn't get the job he was one of the biggest **** talkers about it.
            While i agree that this has been overblown.Margarito was the one who went to Roach.Roach did to a big 180 on the subject

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
              Oh wait no his illegal hardened item was just the size of business card...it's okay.. lol.

I bet you it wasn't. It was a goddamn block look at Margaritos fight pre-getting caught and after it. He looks like a C- fighter who's exciting due to the style and heart of a warrior.
              No offense but i would take the opinion of a writer who has seen the evidence over you.All in all Margarito and Capetillio were rightfully banned.The reason Margarito has looked like crap since may have something to do with a long pro career of being a face first pressure fighter and the three fights before the suspension Cintron Cotto Mosley Margarito fought three huge ww punchers and ate shots for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                You can find whatever you want if you are looking hard enough, if you take a fighters gloves/wraps after a fight you will find like 50 compounds, doesnt mean anything.
                Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Apparently Margarito's lawyer used the defense that calcium and sulfur is also found in hand lotion, which I guess is plausible.

Did they actually test the pads by adding water? Did it actually harden? Nazim claimed they were hard already before the fighting even happened, but what I don't understand is why they still weren't hard during the hearing?

Do a little research, that info was straight from the commissions findings, why would they ban capetillo for life if this was such a trivial thing and could have been leftover traces from Margs hand lotion? You two have pulled the wool over your own eyes.

Comment

Cotto jotto

why are you all still talking about it?? get over ittt! it happened a few years ago, how bout this...hopefully cotto stands and trades with margarito and thenn we will see if margarito indeed used plaster. THATS IF OF COURSE COTTO WILL MAN UP AND NOT GET ON HIS BIKE AGAIN. LIKE THE BIG P***Y THAT HE IS

Comment

lolz at margarito looking crap, since mosley, he did just fight 2 times, first he was rusty after the suspension, second he fought Manny freaking Pacquiao, cotto made a mistake during the first fight, he should correct that on the second fight, if not tony could do a repeat ....

Comment

Nazim Richardson On The Day He Busted Margarito, according to him when they opened the wrap that was already done a block fell down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RvQcHouzQE

Last edited by bobo_bobo; 11-05-2011, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X