No announcement yet.

Congress now has enough support, Democrats and Republicans, to end shutdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Why would she be terrified? Trump is so toxic that even with an issue he should be easily winning like border security he is losing because he made the shutdown about himself not the issue.

He keeps misplaying this. He could’ve let Pelosi go and then claimed he had no one to negotiate with. He could’ve let her go then make that the last trip for anyone until the shutdown is over. That way the optics are he put the troops ahead of politics.

You don’t know if most government employees are Dems. It seems you are hoping that somehow Trump can change things around on this but his pettiness is getting in the way.

I don't know Dunn, I think he will prevail. This is one issue I thought you'd back the president on based on your prior comments about wanting strong borders. However, I see politics gets the best of you.

Comment

A pox on both your houses....Trumptards and Pelosists both.

Comment

Dude the person playing the games is Trump. he thought the shutdown would make him look principled and strong he went with it. That was a stupid thing to do. When he realized those that told him this was a terrible idea because the optics were bad and he was taking heat, he cowardly tried to shift blame.

This whole thing has made him look petty and weak. You can try and make this about dems or the American people but it rings hollow. You should’ve posted all this before the shutdown.

Were you one of the Trumpers like 1bad that was in favor of the shutdown before it happened? If so, I really find it disingenuous and fake for you to ask dems to negotiate now.
        never really in favor of a shut down since we get taxed anyways .......

but pelosi and them need to stop playing politics and negotiate something that they have previously signed and approved

Comment

The longer the government is shutdown the worse for trump and republicans .

Here’s a not so well kept secret, poor whites make up the majority of the numbers getting government assistance.

Coincidentally those are also Trumps biggest supporters, the non college educated whites.

How long before they start clamoring for their benefits? They miss a couple more weeks look for Trump to try to secure funding by declaring an emergency.

Then we get to see a court battle play out

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            never really in favor of a shut down since we get taxed anyways .......

but pelosi and them need to stop playing politics and negotiate something that they have previously signed and approved
            Stop putting everything on everyone but Trump. His mess, he should clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              I don't know Dunn, I think he will prevail. This is one issue I thought you'd back the president on based on your prior comments about wanting strong borders. However, I see politics gets the best of you.
              Completely ridiculous post. I want strong borders but that doesn’t mean I am going to put it on others to fix a situation Trump created by himself.

As for backing Trump, no. Even if it is an issue I agree with him on. It isn’t politics. It’s the simple fact that I despise him and can’t support someone of such low moral character.

As I showed the other day with links the data shows most illegal immigration is visa overlays, something a wall will not help. I have never been in favor of a wall but if a less toxic, more honest, more respectable person advocates for it, no matter the political party affiliation, I would listen and consider the proposal. But not Trump.

This could all have been avoided.

Comment

Completely ridiculous post. I want strong borders but that doesn’t mean I am going to put it on others to fix a situation Trump created by himself.

As for backing Trump, no. Even if it is an issue I agree with him on. It isn’t politics. It’s the simple fact that I despise him and can’t support someone of such low moral character.

As I showed the other day with links the data shows most illegal immigration is visa overlays, something a wall will not help. I have never been in favor of a wall but if a less toxic, more honest, more respectable person advocates for it, no matter the political party affiliation, I would listen and consider the proposal. But not Trump.

This could all have been avoided.
                The only thing ridiculous is you actually pretending you want stronger borders. Providing links that most illegal immigration is through visa overlays is completely irrelevant of the fact that we have a porous border where millions of people are crossing over through illegally. What just happened here is I said, look we have a problem at the border, and you replied with but we have a bigger problem with visas, therefore we should ignore the problem at the border. Those are two separate issues that both require solutions, just because one might be bigger than the other doesn't discount that problem of the former still exists.

You think our Latino population grew from 5% of the country to 22% of the country since the 80's because of just Visa overstays? Thats grade A delusion, you have a severe case of Trump derangement syndrome, so at this point no matter what he proposes that is good for the country you'll be against it just to spite him.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  I must be missing something here. Even if they pass something, if Trump vetos it, how are they going to get 2/3 of the votes to over ride his veto?

People talking about holding government hostage, three separate branches of government, obstructing the checks and balances.... yada yada yada. What exactly is Trump doing that isn't within his constitutional rights? I'll wait.
                  You are 100% right. Honestly this whole thing is stupid. Either build the wall or not. Trump is playing his hand the way he should.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    I was trying to be friendly and help you. You were neither genetically gifted with high intelligence nor blessed with traditional education. You derive your political views from Dr. Phil, Oprah and Jimmy Kimmel. You live off of frozen corndogs.

Transforming tongue-in-cheek soundbites into "broken political promises" will have a net effect of zero. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a logical error on your end. Conservatives are aware of why they voted for Trump, and had that been due to a literal promise to make Mexico pay for the wall, there would be organic outrage/disappointment.

Yet that soundbite only went viral among the far-left, who already weren't voting for Trump, because the whole point was to fortify them against a fictionally dumb enemy team. Do you see how this strawman has a net effect of zero in every direction?

"Conservatives loved it before it was called Obamacare" is anecdotal. Surely a conservative loved it before it was called Obamcare.

Do you see how, by simply knowing words like strawman and anecdotal, you can see yourself through the eyes of others and catch yourself in the future when you start to make an overly obvious "mindgame" attempt?
                    Hey Dinesh Deslurp, you’d better get on the horn and call Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh. They apparently don’t know that Trump calling for Mexico to build the wall was fake anecdotal sound bite. Their avid listeners don’t either.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      The only thing ridiculous is you actually pretending you want stronger borders. Providing links that most illegal immigration is through visa overlays is completely irrelevant of the fact that we have a porous border where millions of people are crossing over through illegally. What just happened here is I said, look we have a problem at the border, and you replied with but we have a bigger problem with visas, therefore we should ignore the problem at the border. Those are two separate issues that both require solutions, just because one might be bigger than the other doesn't discount that problem of the former still exists.

You think our Latino population grew from 5% of the country to 22% of the country since the 80's because of just Visa overstays? Thats grade A delusion, you have a severe case of Trump derangement syndrome, so at this point no matter what he proposes that is good for the country you'll be against it just to spite him.
                      Where did I post we should ignore the problem at the border? I posted the wall wouldn’t address the primary cause of illegals based on the data.

Of course I want strong borders. I just don’t agree that this is the method of achieving that objective. And no I didn’t support a wall when Obama asked for funding for it. And since here wasn’t a thread on Obama none of us discussed it

I didn’t say or imply that was the cause for the increase in the Latino population. Why do you keep responding to things I didn’t post? I am trying to have a legitimate discussion on this issue but because the data isn’t in your favor you will not respond to the actual posts.

Why are you not willing to look at a data driven solution in this issue rather than just the Trump solution. Do you care about strong borders that keep out illegals, drugs and weapons or are you just in favor of a symbolic wall that is very expensive that really only addresses illegals from Mexico and Central America but doesn’t impact all border crimes?

Comment

Working...
                      X