No announcement yet.

How bad did the loss to Leonard hurt Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad did the loss to Leonard hurt Hagler

Hagler thought all he had to do was `turn up and knock him out`yet he was beaten to the punch, laughed at, bolo-punched and made to look very ordinary by Sugar Ray Leonard.. now 23yrs on most boxing fans admit that Leonard was the winner, but how bad did losing that fight hurt Marvelous Marvin Hagler.
    Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 04-03-2010, 07:42 AM.

witf is a "polo" punch?

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      witf is a "polo" punch?
      a minty punch with a hole in the middle

Comment

Hagler was on the verge of retiring before he even fought leonard

I dunno if it hurt his career but emotionally he wanted to beat him and he didnt

Comment

He's still an all-time great, but I think it hurt his legacy a lot.

He was the reigning middleweight champion, one of the best P4P fighters in the world and lost to a welterweight who hadn't fought in three years. Not good.

Comment

Hagler went into seclusion for months after the fight and wouldn't be seen or heard from again until his wife went to court to get a restraining order against him after he allegedly abused her.She also claimed that he had cried over the loss and that he had become addicted to cocaine and alcohol.

I'd say it hurt him very much.
            Last edited by Snopkins; 04-03-2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
              Hagler went into seclusion for months after the fight and wouldn't be seen or heard from again until his wife went to court to get a restraining order against him after he allegedly abused her.She also claimed that he had cried over the loss and that he had become addicted to cocaine and alcohol.

I'd say it hurt him very much.
              Source for this????

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                Hagler thought all he had to do was `turn up and knock him out`yet he was beaten to the punch, laughed at, bolo-punched and made to look very ordinary by Sugar Ray Leonard.. now 23yrs on most boxing fans admit that Leonard was the winner, but how bad did losing that fight hurt Marvelous Marvin Hagler.
                That loss is one of the reason i rate monzon as the greatest middleweight of all time, monzon's sugar ray welterweight champion jose napoles got stopped by king monzon, were as when hagler tuck on his jose napoles former semi retired sugar ray he got outboxed and beaten to the punch

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
                  That loss is one of the reason i rate monzon as the greatest middleweight of all time, monzon's sugar ray welterweight champion jose napoles got stopped by king monzon, were as when hagler tuck on his jose napoles former semi retired sugar ray he got outboxed and beaten to the punch
                  Jose Napoles in no way resembles Ray Leonard, although Monzon was good in my opinion he was far from being the best middleweight of all time, he barely makes the Top 10

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    Jose Napoles in no way resembles Ray Leonard, although Monzon was good in my opinion he was far from being the best middleweight of all time, he barely makes the Top 10
                    It's posts like this, were i question you boxing knowlodge.

Comment

Working...
                    X