No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Azumah Nelson at 130

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather vs Azumah Nelson at 130

very good match up....Nelson had the strength to push Mayweather back and had underrated skills. I think floyd would be a little too slick and feet were too fast for Nelson to get off enough combinations to pick up points. Both had very good chins I dont see any kds....Nelson will be pressing the action hard, but Mayweather defense combos and counters will see him win a hard fought decision
    Mayweather Decision
    59.38%
    Mayweather tko/ko
    9.38%
    Nelson decision
    9.38%
    Nelson tko/ko
    21.88%

Another great fight.

This kind of H2h match ups are better than the usual "Let's match Mayweather and Pacquaio with ATG WW's and JMW's"

This would be a great fight but I personally wouldn't pick anyone to beat Mayweather at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Another great fight.

This kind of H2h match ups are better than the usual "Let's match Mayweather and Pacquaio with ATG WW's and JMW's"

This would be a great fight but I personally wouldn't pick anyone to beat Mayweather at 130.
      kinda why i made the threads....like my fantasy matchups to be fair...thinking of some others

Comment

another fighter that puto floyd will surely duck!

quack quack quack

Comment

If floyd hasn't fought anybody than how come everyone wants see him fight pacman. These Floyd haters just talk that dumb stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Another great fight.

Agreed.

The worst part is when Pacquiao and Mayweather are always matched up with ATGs who are considerably larger, picked to lose, and then idiots cry "oh it is old-timer bias".

Mayweather wins a competitive decision over Nelson.

Comment

This is a great thread, TS. I saw it earlier and didn't get a chance to write but it gave me some time to give it some thought and man, this is one hell of a matchup. I keep thinking back to two fights specifically, which I feel give good insight on what the strategies the fighters would utilize. One is Whitaker-Nelson, the other is Mayweather-Castillo I. Azumah Nelson was an excellent boxer who also had dynamite in both fists, and iron chin, a high ring IQ and was also a great in-fighter, as he proved in the Fenech rematch. Like Mayweather, he employed lots of different looks and was equally comfortable going forward or backward. He had a very good jab (see: Wilfredo Gomez). But Azumah struggled with Whitaker (BTW, I still think Nelson scored at least one knockdown on some of those "slips" Whitaker had) specifically Pea's jab and constant movement. Azumah fared much, much better in the second half of the bout, however, coming forward behind a crab-shell defense and scoring. It was too little, too late.

I expect Mayweather to fight him the same and win, as PED User said, a "competitive decision." Floyd struggled with Castillo's in-fighting and steady pressure and a true great like Nelson would be able to do that and then some. But we'd see the Floyd of Castillo II, not Castillo I, the one who moved even more. And that would be the difference, with Mayweather 7-8 rounds in a hotly contested affair.

Comment

Young Nelson was a demon, I think Nelson would take this if Floyd would have fought him.

Comment

Floyd UD, but i could certainly see nelson giving him hell and winning some rounds in the end though the footwork and hand speed that Floyd had at 130 would be the deciding factor.

Comment

Nelson was incredibly fast and had great reflexes in his prime, just watch the Gomez fight, his defence was incredible.

Comment

Working...
                    X